News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay FL, AAR Jan 8-9, 2022

Started by TheMenace, January 13, 2022, 02:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

We had fourteen shooters for the weekend who all showed enthusiasm for our instruction and history lessons. It was a rewarding experience working with such eager students.

Our three junior shooters were outstanding students. Caden 11, Malachi 14, and Olivia 15. They are all working on their skills and we are certain to see vast improvement when they return.

This was Caden's first rifle event. He was our designated sniper for the weekend. It's clear he paid attention to the instruction. He scored a 185 with a rest. Good job Caden! His dad joined us for the day on Saturday. He really enjoyed the experience of shooting with us. Caden's Mom, Melissa who had never shot a rifle before, joined us on Sunday. She scored a 104 with only the abbreviated instruction provided Sunday morning. Good job Melissa! We hope to see you all again for a full weekend.

Miguel found our routine very physically demanding but came back Sunday to improve from his 59 to finish at 110. Brian, Chris, Kevin, Marcus, Mike, Mark, and Michael all turned in Sharpshooter scores. All are in striking distance of the coveted Rifleman Patch. Dry practice at home and come to another shoot soon. Skills are perishable if not exercised. Don't forget the three essential elements of precision shooting: A solid position (SHF), Six Steps of Firing the Shot, and Natural Point of Aim (NPOA).

Drew was our single Rifleman of the event. He was requalified with a solid 220. Huzzah!

We were blessed with four Orange hats to man the line. All were promoted this weekend. ScubaSteve and LadyGator traveled from Lakeland to lend a hand. A great instructor crew makes the Shootboss look good!

Pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzy9Vi
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Evil_G

We were blessed with near perfect weather, students ready to learn; and as an orange hat, red hats with plenty of patience!

flomo

It was a terrific weekend with wonderful teaching from a friendly and knowledgeable group of instructors.  We had near perfect weather and enjoyed learning at a fantastic facility.  Many thanks to the Green, Red and Orange hats in attendance, and our hosts at the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club!

Even though my elbows were sore on Monday, I have found myself in a bit of "prone shooting withdrawal" this week.  I'm eager to take another crack at improving my score and making "Rifleman".  Please my hold my patch until I can get back to the range.   O0

Huzzah!
Brian O'Mahoney

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Guntuckian

It was a great weekend!  Great students, great staff, and Chamber of Commerce Florida short-sleeve weather in January!  What's not to like?

Lots of learning and an awakening of the sacrifices by the Founders made it all so worthwhile. 

If you just missed shooting Expert, dry fire practice will help immensely.  Several of you are "knocking on the door" to earning your Rifleman patch, missing only 2 or 3 well-placed shots from scoring 210 or higher on the AQT.  Persistence and Perseverance!  It will carry you to success! 

Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

mmcgivney

Another great weekend of learning  and shooting. Thanks to all the instructors orange,red, or green hats . I shot my best score to date and can smell my rifleman patch coming soon.  Thanks all