Author Topic: Rifleman Boot Camp  (Read 264 times)

Offline Singlestack2974

• Instructor in Training
Rifleman Boot Camp
« on: December 27, 2021, 11:34:20 PM »
Hello,
I am planning on attending the RBC in Tallahassee on January.
This is going to be my first Appleseed event/experience. Any idea how much ammo the event requires (CF/RF)?
Would it be okay to bring a 556 AR15 with a drop in 22RF conversion kit and a 45acp 1911 with a 22RF conversion kit? That'll keep ammo cost down and aid in logistics.
Thank you very much and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Jaime

Offline TomM1Thumb

• Instructor
Re: Rifleman Boot Camp
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 02:01:20 AM »
If it where Me i would take at least 2000 rounds of 22LR, and 1000 rounds of .223 or 5,56.
also ask if you could Barrow an Appleseed ready loaner rifle in 22LR.
You may want to take the 1911 with You, But I do believe You will not be using it during the Event.

You may even want to double the amount of ammo You are taking. If you do not use it you can always take it home with You.

Please enjoy Your Event
"The Constitution shall never be construed…to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."  - Alexander Hamilton

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheMenace

• Senior Instructor
  • Charter Pistol Instructor

• There's not a man among us afraid to go!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 08:25:31 AM »
Good Morning Jamie,
Have you tested the accuracy of your conversion?  Dedicated uppers perform well. BCG conversions suffer because the barrel twist rate is wrong for the .22LR bullet. I like the idea of the AR conversion but the reality is less than optimal.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI

Offline Singlestack2974

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 11:54:47 AM »
The Ciener 1911 upper is amazingly accurate. I have a CMMG 22LR conversion kit and a CMMG dedicated 22LR upper. I will see which one shoots better.
Thank you for the advice.
Jaime

Offline Singlestack2974

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 11:55:45 AM »
If it where Me i would take at least 2000 rounds of 22LR, and 1000 rounds of .223 or 5,56.
also ask if you could Barrow an Appleseed ready loaner rifle in 22LR.
You may want to take the 1911 with You, But I do believe You will not be using it during the Event.

You may even want to double the amount of ammo You are taking. If you do not use it you can always take it home with You.

Please enjoy Your Event

Thanks. I will do that.

Jaime