News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Arizona Rifleman and Instructor rendeZvOus for techNiques at Appleseed 2009

Started by AZRedhawk44, January 21, 2009, 01:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZRedhawk44

Gromit and I officially declare that the Arizona Rifleman and Instructor rendeZvOus for techNiques at Appleseed 2009 (ARIZONA 09) event shall happen on Saturday, February 28th of 2009.

This event is by invitation only.  Right now, we're inviting:
Rumpshot
New American
1911Ron
Wayne Conrad
(Bill and Skip:  Can't remember your forum names... sorry! But you're invited too!)

To be eligible for this event, you must accomplish the following heroic feats:
-Shoot a Rifleman (210) score or higher on the AQT, or be within range of it that just a little more coaching will get you there.
-Interested in contributing to the Appleseed Project in the state of Arizona: Instructor, Organizer, Coordinator, or other tangible means.
-Available on the specified date for approximately 6 hours to hone your rifle skills to an appropriate level and also begin some fundamentals so that you can be well prepared to start on the Appleseed Trail as an Instructor In Training (IIT).

Location to be diseminated to participants, but plan on a meet-up in the Phoenix valley around 8AM and a brief carpool to a range.  Those of you from out of town... let me know if you want to drive in on Friday night and I can probably put you up at my place.

This isn't an IBC or RBC... this is ARIZONA!

If you're not on "the list" but would like to be... let either me or AZGromit know, and your history in the Appleseed Project along with your goals in the future with the program.

MOGromit

Howdy

Bill is "lysander6" on the forum, but I don't know Skip offhand either.

AZG

Rumpshot

Member Arizona Apple Core.
Appleseeds are formed in the Apple Core.

1911Ron

Is it possible to move this to the next weekend? As i will be out of town at a business conference, i really want to attend this.  Thanks 1911Ron

New American

March 7/8 is good for me.
I would like to attend
I need some practice still to qualify as rifleman, but I want to help... and I am going to be a rifleman soon
Luca

lysander6

March 7 & 8 will be good for me.  Skip should be freerifleman on the board.  We may need a place to RON on FRI.
Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

MOGromit

Bill,

Do you think that Skip will be interested in participating as well?

I don't know how often he gets on the forum.

Thanks,
AZG

FREERIFLEMAN

FREERIFLEMAN... Sorry guys, I've been putting myself back together after the divorce... I'm good now but just accepted an offer to go to Afghanistan in March. I would erase my debt in the first seven months.

I doubt my going will help you, but I'd love to do it. I don't know if I'll get issued a weapon over there, but it doesn't mean I won't carry one.

- Skip

MOGromit

Skip,

You come up for this event and we'll do all we can to bring out every boom stick we possibly possess in order for you to try them out in preparation for going over, in case you might have to use something you haven't tried out yet.

Let us know how we can help you get Appleseeds set up over there too.

AZG

AZRedhawk44

Quote from: AzGromit on February 02, 2009, 06:16:27 PM
Skip,

You come up for this event and we'll do all we can to bring out every boom stick we possibly possess in order for you to try them out in preparation for going over, in case you might have to use something you haven't tried out yet.

Let us know how we can help you get Appleseeds set up over there too.

AZG

Ditto.  M14, Mosin Nagant, AR-15 at your disposal for learning manual of arms and shouldering/sight picture/etc.  Wish I had more to offer, but Gromit has a few interesting ones to add to the list as well.  Anything we can do to help you out, let us know.  Show up in March for ARIZONA, though!

MOGromit

Hey Ron,

I believe that the event is officially March 7th only.  We haven't yet determined if we'll be able to use a range/sub-range at the Buckeye facility or will have to head out into the desert to do it though.  Redhawk was going to follow up on the Buckeye range for that aspect.

Redhawk and I have started talking over a schedule of tasks to do to get everyone over the 210 hump.

If you're not in the area (greater PHX) and need a place to crash on the night of March 6th, PM Redhawk and me.

We'll probably plan on a dinner March 6th and then perhaps March 7th as well for folks that don't get on the road ASAP to get home.

Thanks,
AZG

1911Ron

AZG thanks for the info, let me know when and where.  There is a Cracker Barrell at Watson and I-10 ( i am close to Buckeye Hills 15 min away) or more stuff closer to town.  1911Ron

Excoach

Quote from: AzGromit on February 04, 2009, 09:48:20 PM
Hey Ron,

I believe that the event is officially March 7th only.  We haven't yet determined if we'll be able to use a range/sub-range at the Buckeye facility or will have to head out into the desert to do it though.  Redhawk was going to follow up on the Buckeye range for that aspect.

Thanks,
AZG

As far as I know, the training range is available on the 7th.  I can check and let you know.    
Excoach

Rumpshot

Dan,
Not sure if anyone else is online and noticed your posting or not.  In their stead, please check and get back with us.  I would definitely like to come visit the range instead of the desert for some shootin practice.

Rumpshot
Member Arizona Apple Core.
Appleseeds are formed in the Apple Core.

MOGromit

Howdy,

I believe that Redhawk is taking this on himself already.  He'll update when he gets word back so we don't have too many folks talking to the range folks.

Thanks,
AZG

AZRedhawk44

Talked with Manny Alvarez @ Buckeye range.  Small range is ours.  Kudos to him and his crew.

I told him we'd be there @ 8:30AM.

Excoach

Quote from: AzGromit on February 05, 2009, 01:44:46 AM
Howdy,

I believe that Redhawk is taking this on himself already.  He'll update when he gets word back so we don't have too many folks talking to the range folks.

Thanks,
AZG

Well, I am one of the range folks.  Glad it will work for you.  Dan

Excoach

This started as a question about flyers for the March shoot.  I should have checked the other threads first.  Oops.  #) ;D

Dan

AZRedhawk44

Attendees to ARIZONA:

If you intend to come into town from afar on Friday night and need somewhere to stay, shoot me or AZGromit a PM.  Let us know if you need somewhere to crash.

1911Ron

MOGromit

Hey Ron,

8:30 at the range is the schedule.

We'll go until a) we have no more ammo (but we'll bring some to lend) b) the sun goes down or c) we all shoot Rifleman scores.

Actually, if c) then we'll keep on shooting, but with other folks rifles for practice :)

And throw in some line commands and such to boot.

Bwah ha ha ha!!!!

AZG

1911Ron

How utterly horrible **) **)   We'll go until a) we have no more ammo (but we'll bring some to lend) b) the sun goes down or c) we all shoot Rifleman scores.

Actually, if c) then we'll keep on shooting, but with other folks rifles for practice

And throw in some line commands and such to boot.

Bwah ha ha ha!!!!  1911Ron

AZRedhawk44

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have another man who knows very well what he is about!

Lysander6 pushed his envelope and brought his shooting to the standard of Rifleman at ARIZONA-09, on Saturday.  That afternoon he donned the Orange Cap and undertook the responsibility of helping to become part of, and to help build, the instructor corps for Arizona Appleseed operations.

3 other shooters came to the line and made admirable improvement.  I fully expect to congratulate them on a Rifleman standard at the full Buckeye Appleseed event on March21/22.