News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NPS Battle Road Map and Description of Events 19 April 1775

Started by CarrollMS, December 17, 2021, 10:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarrollMS

https://www.nps.gov/mima/learn/historyculture/april-19-1775.htm

This is an interesting website showing the Battle Road Park map and the sequence of events from the time the British patrols were sighted on the Bay Road to Lexington at about 1830 on 18 April until the occupation of Bunker Hill 1930 on 19 April 1775.  Press the Arrow Down on each event for a short paragraph or two on the event. The map can be enlarged with the mouse magnifying wheel.  This display follows the same sort of chronological listing shown in the Battle Road pamphlet from the Appleseed eStore.

Bottom line:
"British casualties were 73 killed, 174 wounded, 26 missing.
Colonial casualties were 49 killed, 41 wounded, 5 missing.
Percy would also say of his adversaries that day, "Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob will find himself much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about... You may depend upon it, that as the Rebels have now had time to prepare, they are determined to go thro' with it , nor will the insurrection here turn out so despicable as it is perhaps imagined at home. For my part, I never imagined they would have attacked the King's troops, or have had the perseverance I found in them yesterday."

msc

"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

T. WOLF

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780