News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI - November 20/21, 2021

Started by T. WOLF, November 27, 2021, 12:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

Thank you to the 12 shooters who joined us at Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club last weekend.  It was a pleasure having you on the firing line.  Thank you for being exceptionally safe - I cannot recall the last time I worked an Appleseed event with ZERO unsafe rifles.  Meaning not a single magazine, bolt, safety, or chamber flag was neglected when you stepped away from your shooting positions all weekend long.  Incredible!!

I want to take a moment to acknowledge the five youth shooters who attended - Ben, Patrick, Ava, Miriam and Boss!  Thank you for being squared away, safe and attentive.  It was a pleasure working with you, and we were super impressed with the progression of your marksmanship skills over the weekend.  All of you are very capable of scoring 210 and earning a Rifleman patch at your next event.  I encourage you to practice your transition maneuvers at home (Standing to Seated, and Standing to Prone), so the next time you come to Appleseed you will feel very comfortable with the transitions and can focus on rock solid Steady Hold Factors, Trigger Control and Natural Point of Aim (NPOA).  I cannot stress enough how important NPOA and patience are to a Rifleman. I hope I have the honor of being there when you earn your patch.

I want to give a shout out to Roundballer and our entire Instructor crew for making Sunday such a unique experience. Not only did our shooters have an opportunity to pull the trigger on a Revolutionary War era musket, but they got to walk over to Lapeer's rifle range and put rounds on steel at 100 and 200 yards with an M1 Garand, two AR-15's, and a custom-built precision 10/22 rimfire rifle.  Thank you so much to our instructors for donating their rifles and ammunition. We got a huge kick out of that experience, and we hope you did too!

LINK TO MORE PHOTOS!

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

MrZeke

What a great weekend and attentive group of shooters.  Your attention to detail (safe rifles) made for such an easy weekend.
Lapeer always spoils us between the covered/heated firing line and the hand-on history.  Watching the smiles after firing the variety on Sunday was a treat.

You are each within grasp of a rifleman patch, and I expect to see some soon.  I can only re-iterate what T-Wold said, NPOA!!!!  Its the key you need to get there.
Stages 2 and 3 are fast, but forget about speed.  Practice smooth and consistent transitions, the speed will surprise you when you need it.

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach unto himself.� - Thomas Paine

"There is certainly no small danger, that indifference may lead to disgust, and disgust to contempt; and thus gradually undermine all the protection intended by this clause of our national bill of rights." - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1833 Treatise regarding the 2nd Amendment

Tick Wrangler

Another great Appleseed hosted by a fantastic group on instructors and a well equiped and appreciated range. It always great to be among fellow patriots!

Here are some picture I took during the event. I tried to make sure I got everyone whom attended but I apologize if I missed anyone. There are also some videos available.

http://imgur.com/a/iKXRQjG

Couple of more videos added of the Garand in action.
"Did you exchange, a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" - Pink Floyd

T. WOLF

Awesome videos of the musket in action - thanks Tick Wrangler!
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Corvette

Looks like a great event.  And, it was great to have the youth shooters.  Liberty is safe when we get the youth to understand how important it is.  Great event. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan