News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by Maximum Ordinate, November 24, 2021, 07:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Friends,

On the eve of this Thanksgiving, let's all take a moment to reflect on the blessings we have both as individuals and as a Nation.  It's easy to listen to all the "noise", when we should be focusing on the music.

These United States, together, is still the greatest nation in the world.  If we look around, we can see folks waking up to that fact.  People do care about their Liberty and their numbers are growing.

Please be safe tomorrow and enjoy time with family and friends.  If you are working, may your tasks be light.

I'll leave you with George Washington's Thanksgiving Proclamation.  It's worth reflecting on, as the first President was grateful for the Almighty's care of the American people.

Thanksgiving Proclamation, 3 October 1789

By the President of the United States of America. a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favorâ€"and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will beâ€"That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanksâ€"for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nationâ€"for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late warâ€"for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyedâ€"for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately institutedâ€"for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

and also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressionsâ€"to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctuallyâ€"to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyedâ€"to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concordâ€"To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and usâ€"and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New-York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

Go: Washington

I wish you a peaceful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

In Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Jerry Hall

Thank you Brother! May he bless and keep us all, until then...
Here's wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. ^:)^

Jerry  :yeahthat:
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

cornhskr

Taylor

Happy Thanksgiving to all and God bless America!
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

HardHolder

Happy Thanksgiving to all   

Be Thankful for Liberty!

Blood was spilled that we may have it.

Quinncannon

"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

VietVet

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 🦃

Have a great day.....Enjoy! :beer:
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

300berg

Earl

Happy Thanksgiving, know very much what you are about. :F
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

bravhrt

Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I tell you true, liberty is the best of all things. Never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. ~ William Wallace

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. ~ Wyatt Earp

Let us drop talking and get on with our work. ~ Michael Collins

Rifleman - 09.13.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
Pistoleer™ - 10.17.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
IBC - 03.27-28.21 @ Larkspur, CO
Pistol IBC - 05.14-15.21 @ Otto Road Shooting Range
KD Rifleman & Morgan's Shingle - 10.02.22 @ Ben Lomond GC

Not Sure

Amen!  With much to the worried about and much more to be thankful for, Happy Thanksgiving to all !