News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels, Texas Known Distance AAR, Nov 20-21, 2021

Started by PaleRider, November 24, 2021, 10:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

We had a fantastic shoot in New Braunfels this weekend, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of participants and instructors. Of course we had a few mechanical hiccups with equipment, but, hey, part of the beauty of these events is that they teach you about your equipment. Participants found out what works and what doesn't pretty quickly  ;D. We had a total of seven shooters, three of which had qualified in the past. Out of the remaining four shooters we hammered out one new KD rifleman. Congratulations, Colin! He continued to shoot qualifying scores thereafter as well. Alex just missed, scoring 199! We tried recounting and recounting, but to no avail !@#)! He didn't seem any worse for the wear, though, and hell be back! RIFLEMEN PERSIST!

The weather was fantastic, and we managed to see several deer cross the range. As always, we had great fellowship as well. Thanks to all of the instructors for volunteering and making this another great shoot, and don't forget to post photos below!
In Liberty,
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

scuzzy

Thanks Tim for getting KD going in Texas. We're really rockin' now. Gainesville, Temple, & New Braunfels.

I have so many fond memories of New Braunfels. Like the time Fred, Dr. Rich, and dond came out to visit when we were 'KD infants' at the time. I sure do miss Rich. And Fred riding my butt the whole time in a good natured way. Didn't bother me though - I just razzed him right back. It was funny at the time and even moreso now.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

GenX Minuteman

This was a great event to see the shooters progression.  Everyone put in a great effort and increased their proficiency greatly.  Colin was able to knock it out of the park consistently!!!  Alex and Mendi were almost there multiple times.  I certainly hope to see everyone back again at future KD events.

Chad Stovell - GenX Minuteman

Gus

Great pictures!  Looks like a great range in November and the ground is not covered in a foot of snow!

My wife and bought a house in Hondo last spring.  We'll be moving down there sometime in late 2022.

Can't wait to meet the Texas cadre.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper