News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Waco TX Nov 20-Nov 21, 2021 Event ID: 7697

Started by Steck, November 23, 2021, 05:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

A determined group of three dozen shooters, from multiple combined Trail Life troops, challenged themselves at last weekend's Waco Appleseed.

What attentive, eager students!  They ate up both the expert instruction and the thrilling Revolutionary War history

AND

That's not all!

RIFLEMEN!

Austin (with a 215)
Darrell (with a 214)
Quinn (who crusted it with a 225)
... and Quinn took an orange hat!

Ghostring

The weather was amazing!!
The venue - Central Texas Rifle and Pistol (CTRP) - was splendid!!
The cadre was awesome!!
The shooters were fantastic!!
A FOUR ADJECTIVE weekend , to be sure! :cool2:

The Trail-life scouts - Trailmen all! - were simply terrific. Well-behaved, well-mannered, well - well, just Everything!
Gugisman, Steck, BillJac, floydf and Scuzzy were great in their POIs, and Steck did a great 25m KD presentation on Sunday!
Got to see some old friends as well, what a great trip!

And, did I mention that we shot all day on CTRP's revered "RANGE 3" ?!?.  Honestly, you have to try it sometime!
Oh, wait, you CAN if you sign up for the IBC at Waco's CTRP in January!!!  >:D

A spectacular weekend, really one for the books.

Oh, this was fun:
Our very own Scuzzy was on hand to instruct, and by his words and deeds he delivered a great impression to all. No surprise to those who know him, honestly.
Still, after clearing the last Redcoat of the day on Saturday, his groups were inspected by the Trailmen at that end of the line.
"Wow - you can cover them all with a DIME!!"
"How did he do that?!?"
"Oh Boy!"

Scuzzy said "I didn't shoot that to brag, just to show you all that THIS STUFF WORKS!:1luvu

On Sunday, a Trailman from that side of the line was at the target line, pointed to his buddy's target and came out with this gem:
"Good Job! That's [Scuzzy]-level shooting, right there."  :bow:

Inspirational? That's how we do it, friend!  ^:)^
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

scuzzy

Had a blast. And thanks Everett for coming down to Texas. And dangit - I forgot to take a pic of Everett. Didn't think about it till he left.

The kids and the parents - what a great group. They get better every year. Thanks Eric for getting this going.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Steck

Kirby, thanks for the fine pictures!

Can't WAIT for the next Trail Life shoot.

scuzzy

Quote from: Steck on November 24, 2021, 06:15:14 PM
Kirby, thanks for the fine pictures!

Can't WAIT for the next Trail Life shoot.

Just added the 6th Annual Waco Trail Life event. It'll be Nov 19-20, 2022.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Steck

Stu sent me this message and the link below has some excellent photos:

Here is a link to the photos that I took at the event. They are biased toward my grandson, but others might want some of them. A person will need a Walgreens account to download any of these but that will not cost them anything unless they choose to have some printed at their local Walgreens.

https://photo.walgreens.com/store/share?via=link&token=ubtmrR599znIFVZgvgbhog/SFO/1002718921060/WALGREENS

You have my permission to share this link as you choose.

Walk Worthy,
-stu

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: Ghostring on November 24, 2021, 02:32:12 PM
Oh, this was fun:
Our very own Scuzzy was on hand to instruct, and by his words and deeds he delivered a great impression to all. No surprise to those who know him, honestly.
Still, after clearing the last Redcoat of the day on Saturday, his groups were inspected by the Trailmen at that end of the line.
"How did he do that?!?"
"Oh Boy!"

Scuzzy said "I didn't shoot that to brag, just to show you all that THIS STUFF WORKS!:1luvu

On Sunday, a Trailman from that side of the line was at the target line, pointed to his buddy's target and came out with this gem:

It's like he's our very own modern Hezekiah Wyman!   :beer:
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Steck

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on November 27, 2021, 04:54:20 PM
Quote from: Ghostring on November 24, 2021, 02:32:12 PM
Oh, this was fun:
"How did he do that?!?"
"Oh Boy!"

It's like he's our very own modern Hezekiah Wyman!   :beer:

Instructors telling the story invariably point out Scuzzy in the crowd!   **)

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Captain

Looks like you all had another fantastic event with a great group of shooters! Huzzah indeed!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range