News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club, Palm Bay, FL LADYSEED 13-14 Nov 2021

Started by JustKim, November 16, 2021, 09:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKim

WOW!  We had an amazing weekend.  This was a Ladyseed that none of us will soon forget.  We had 11 very determined ladies come out.  They showed up with very teachable attitudes and tenacity to match!  They showed diligence and determination and it was reflected in the quick progress that was made by all!  These ladies along with our very capable instructor staff meshed very well and I feel like some life-long friendships were formed and/or strengthened this weekend.  I'm quite sure we will see every one of these ladies at future events. 

Joy with her shear grit and determination, and "the smoothest magazine changes I've ever seen" (quote from instructor) scored Rifleman (Riflewoman) with a score of 215 and backed it up with a 214!!  She will hopefully be accepting an orange hat soon!!  We had three shooters knocking at the door two with a score of 208 - Congrats Jenn and Angela!!! and one with a score of 206 - way to go Maribel!!!  Angela's 11-year-old daughter, Autumn, was our youngest shooter.  She scored a Marksman score of 141 and was presented a Young Patriots patch. 

Unfortunately, Elle, Jolie and Angel could only spend one day with us, but still had an opportunity to shoot an AQT.  I failed to present Elle her Young Patriot patch prior to her departure, but certainly owe her one - good job Elle!

Patty and Jolie both shot Marksman scores.  Amber and Sara both shot Sharpshooter scores!!

In addition to the great marksmanship shown, the ladies were very attentive to the instruction and history. 
We also had a great group of instructors, some who traveled long distances to get there.  These instructors were fantastic with the ladies - the ladies were very open and appreciative of the instruction given.

A special thanks to all the instructors: Flier, Bear Arms, Mrs. SIREN, Sieggie, Malabar, LisaLisa, Planeman, Miss Conduct, My Name is Earl, Epic Quilter, Lucky Lori, Engineer Shooting, Mrs. Waky and Waky, and Gunjunkie!  They all did an amazing job working with the ladies to make this event a great success.

Thanks to Sieggie for getting the range all set up on Friday.  Also a huge thank you to the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club for taking such good care of us.
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

MyNameIsEARL

Wow what an event. This was a huge success because everyone improved. I was so happy to see the determination and dedication of all of the shooters.

A huge thank you to Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club for all the support and effort they put in to make Ladyseed a success.  They even ordered up perfect weather for the event. 

I can say that every shooter I worked with made vast improvements and the smiles were the best payment an instructor can receive.  Every lady overcame their own personal challenge to improve and become more proficient.  It was a wonderful event to be apart of. 

I took a few photos to share with all and I hope to see Cinderella (y'all know who that is) and everyone of you at another Appleseed/ Ladyseed event.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/193056249@N06/830S2J

gunjunkie

This was by far the most productive lady seed I have attended. These ladies came to learn and that's exactly what they did. I witnessed  vast improvements in the first five squares shot and it continued to get better. Just Kim kept them moving, getting in two AQT's on day one and seven on day two with scores above 200 for a few and 150 or higher for most. Congratulations Joy on your riflemen's patch, you worked hard for it so display it with pride. Congratulations to Jenn and Angela on your 208"s and Maribel on your 206.
A big thanks to the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club for the fist rate accommodations we simply couldn't have ask any better. Thanks to all the instructors that drove many miles to help out, none of this could happen without you.     
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

malabar

A great weekend of marksmanship, sisterhood and celebrating our heritage.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Angeta

Excellent event, see you all again in February! Got another mom friend and her daughter joining us too!

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan