News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AS Charlottesville November 13-14, 2021

Started by OddsREven, November 16, 2021, 10:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddsREven

What a fun shoot! 4 new Riflemen!!  Kyle with scores of 212, 230, 211; Geoff with score of 218; Jett with scores of 219, 214, 214; and Kristin with score of 220.
Whiskey Thief called the line for most of the afternoon and rolled us through 5 AQT's! We didn't start shooting until 1:30 and ended around 4:20. First time he's had charge of the line for the whole afternoon.  Good job to both WhiskeyThief and our shooters for keeping the pace. 
Shooting scores improved quite well through the weekend. A first for me to see was that all shooters got the 100 yard target on the last Redcoat.

It was a chilly day with a high of around 56 Sat and 50 on Sun and mostly cloudy all weekend. The problem was the wind, which was steady with 20 mph gusts forecast.  The placement and shape of the range increased the speed and caused a swirling action that created issues with target stands and mats. The wind played a big factor Saturday. After the first Redcoat, while the shooters were downrange exchanging targets, a big gust of wind actually lifted mats and rifles and pushed them several feet in front of the firing line. There was a delay in the day to reset the firing line, remove tarps from under mats and secure mats to the ground where possible.  This happened again near lunch time. Unsecured mats and rifles were moved downrange by the wind. This was not a bad as the first time and the delay less.  Kudos to our shooters followed instructions and under guidance of our cadre managed to rebuild the line safely. A long time club member involved in many years of competitive shooting stated that he had never seen anything like it.
A big thank you to all of our shooters and instructor cadre for making the weekend a positive experience.

OddsREven

Kyle notified me that I made an error in math and that his high score was tied with Kristen at 220.  This integrity is the mark of a true Rifleman!