News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Menifee, AR - AAR - Nov 13-14, 2021

Started by Captain, November 14, 2021, 11:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

A great group of Appleseeders decided to forego the opening weekend of deer season and gather together at the S7 Tactical/Arkansas Gun Club this weekend to embrace our American heritage of Liberty and rifle marksmanship. S7 is a great supporter of the Appleseed mission and we had a fantastic facility for shooting and a classroom for breaks and history. To top it all off, the fall weather was beautiful! By the end of the weekend, tremendous progress was made by all the shooters. Several were officially "in the hunt" for their Rifleman patch while Jim charged out of the gate to requal with a 212. I addition to Jim, we had every volunteer down on the line getting a requal and SwiftonGal requaled Distinguished with a new PR. Nice shooting.

I only have a few pictures, but I thought I'd start with the group picture we managed to capture on the first day.

More pictures to come as I get caught up!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Beavertail

Sounds like a great event, at a awesome range.  It seems that tall guy on the right should be wearing a hat (maybe even a blue one), since I see him in a lot of pictures ;)
"Too many people learn about war with no inconvenience to themselves. They read about [it] sitting in a comfortable armchair, with their feet beside the fire.  One should read about war in the worst circumstances, when everything is going badly." - Guy Sajer

Jayhawker

It was a beautiful weekend in Minefee, AR. I saw lots of improvement in the shooter's skills. We had new instructors teaching the history and they did an awesome job. As always I enjoyed a weekend hanging out with Appleseed people.

We are very fortunate that we now have a DSB living in our state. That would be Captain, who has a passion for pedagogy. He kept us all on the straight and narrow in a gentle loving way.

Speaking of Love. Buddylove has moved back to Arkansas, and was present. He too is a great addition to our state cadre. I thought I'd be too busy and didn't bring a rifle. He loaned me one of his, so I also got the opportunity to shoot a requal.

For the record, I succeeded.

swiftongal

This was a small but great event. The atmosphere was wonderful, and first day frustrations for a few shooters brought smiles on the second day when they could see the progress they were making. Having 5 red hats present on the first day was neat to have, though 2 could not join us for the second day. DSB proved his shooting skills on the second day by getting a chance on the line and shooting Distinguished. I, too, requaled as Distinguished (two different times that day) , but "allowed" him to beat me by a few shots in some friendly competition.  I'm out to beat you, Captain!  Comfort had to leave us early on the second day, but I was so VERY VERY happy to see her in her new Orange hat step up to make a few presentations…yeehaw! I had a wonderful time getting to know Chicka better, and we even talked some friendly competition. That comradeship is the absolute greatest and I can't say enough about the joy I have working with this bunch of Orange and Red hats. I think that rubbed off on our shooters, and they all left the event with big smiles

Captain

It was truly a fun event, giving truth to the saying that the more time you spend with Appleseeders, the more time you want to spend with Appleseeders. :)

I did have a couple more pictures. Our event kicked off with the regular troops leaving Boston on their way to confiscate the arms in Concord. We had plenty of opportunity to use the classroom for breaks off the firing line while we learning about April 19th, 1775. And again, what a fantastic facility!

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Captain

Throughout the weekend, shooters learned the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship. The camaraderie  made the weekend all the better and we were blessed with fantastic fall weather.

We also shared some more stories out on the range.

These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. - Thomas Paine

Captain

Throughout the weekend, shooters worked on skills and marked their progress against the Appleseed Qualification Test.

The entire group made tremendous progress! Jim scored expert with a 212 while Matt and David were definitely in the hunt for their patch. On Sunday, even the cadre had a chance to get behind their rifles and maintain those perishable riflemen skills.

It was a great weekend and I'd invite anyone post their comments and pictures here on the forum!

If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Arkansawyer

This was a great weekend! I learned a tremendous amount and learned some good fundamentals. Didn't make rifleman this time but looking forward to the event! 
"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary" -Marx-

Captain

Glad you came out Arkansawyer, I hope we'll see you at another event soon with a patch!