News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2021 Ohio Christmas Party

Started by Shep, November 12, 2021, 08:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

On Saturday December 4, 2021, I'll be hosting a Christmas get together open to all Ohio Appleseed Instructors, IIT's, Blue hats and their families. This is not a formal Appleseed function in any way, it is just friends getting together for a fun evening.

We'll start around 5:30 P.M., I'll supply the meat (probably turkey), drinks, table service and whatever else I can think of. Please bring along a covered dish, desert of your choice, or anything you'd like to share. Please use this as a planning thread; if you know what dish you'd like to bring please post it so others can plan accordingly.

It will be held at the back of my farm in a building heated with a wood stove, so bring a jacket or sweater just in case you need it.  Limited restroom facilities; just an outhouse.

Please let me know if you're planning to attend, and if you're bringing any family members; I do need an accurate count, especially of children, (include their ages and gender) so I can have a little something for them to open.

Should we have some sort of severe winter weather event, we'll try to arrange another date.

Directions:
We're located at:
14933 Kirkwood Road, Sidney, Ohio 45365
(937) 726-9299 call or text.

From the South- Exit I-75 at Exit #83 (the last Piqua exit). Turn right onto Co. Rd. 25A, North towards Sidney. Follow Co. Rd. 25A for five miles. Turn right (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right. Look for an Appleseed sign at the drive; you'll enter through a gate at the center of my farm (its in the middle of a pasture field) and follow the drive across the stream valley and up to the parking area by the red building with a green roof.

From the North- Exit I-75 at Exit #94 (the first Sidney exit). Turn left onto Co. Rd. 25A, South towards Sidney.  Go on through Sidney (it changes to street names in town, but just follow the road you are on through Sidney)  then follow Co. Rd. 25A for another five miles. Turn left (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right. Look for an Appleseed sign at the drive; you'll enter through a gate at the center of my farm (its in the middle of a pasture field) and follow the drive across the stream valley and up to the parking area by the red building with a green roof.

Shep

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Coyote217

Jill and I are planning to be there.  not sure what we will bring yet.  rick
"These are the times that try men's souls." Thomas Paine

Hannibal ante portas!

Crazyduckhunter

Sorry but I will not be able to attend. It is deer season in PA and I will be at camp that weekend.
CDH

Doc Willi

Deanna and I will be there. Not sure what we will bring.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

vic

I will be there with my 4 kids.  I'll bring Buffalo dip and chips .
Boy-9
Girl-7
Girl-4
Boy-2

Chieflane

Shep,

I'll be there, by myself.

Chieflane

Charley

Our crew of 3 will be there. Little buddy says he'll bring the cheesy mashed potatoes.

Shadow870

Ill be there, but im not sure what I am bringing yet.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both tyrants and patriots. - Thomas Jefferson

Steel-Man

Beth & I will be there and we will bring Chicken & Noodles.

Thanks

Steel-Man

Chieflane

Shep, 

Change of plans, my wife Rachelle will be coming with me.  Count me in for two.

Chieflane

Steel-Man

Hello Shep,
I am sorry, but Beth & I will need to back out.  I tested positive for Covid.  We were both really looking forward to meeting everyone. 

Steel-Man

Codebook

Thanks for the invite but I will be helping at the local Xmas fundraiser day with the Girl Scout and 4H tables. Hope everyone has fun.
Knowledge is power

Shadow870

I will bring cookies as a desert to everyone. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both tyrants and patriots. - Thomas Jefferson