Author Topic: Patriot's day in Talladega?  (Read 54 times)

Offline motorcycle_dan

Patriot's day in Talladega?
« on: October 29, 2021, 06:51:16 AM »
It is fall and time to start planning family outings this spring.  I've completed many different appleseed events and learn a bit with each one.  Hands down the best appleseed I've ever attended was my first at the CMP marksmanship park in Talladega.   I looked on the schedule and they don't have one scheduled over Patriots weekend.  Is it just not posted yet or not going to happen in 2022?
There was an instructor at that first appleseed Name?  I think he was a chief instructor certifying others.  Maximum ordinate was his forum name or something similar.  Is he still in the Appleseed business?
Thanks in advance
Dan /¦\
Dan /¦\

Offline Monkey

• Social Media & Special Projects
  • Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Senior Staff
Re: Patriot's day in Talladega?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 01:16:46 PM »
Maximum Ordinate is indeed still in the Appleseed business.    :)

Most states are in the middle of negotiating with different ranges in clubs for 2022 scheduling. Your specific question is probably better answered by the AL state coordinator, who would be taking lead on scheduling efforts down there.  Send a note to Mixed Metaphor and he can probably push you in the correct direction.

CMP Talladega is indeed awesome, and I look forward to getting ther myself one day.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.”
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham