News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Mexico for 2022

Started by Mrs. Smith, October 03, 2021, 11:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

Good evening, all!

A friendly reminder that it's time to start contemplating the 2022 event season.

2021 saw a pretty dang reasonable number of events, given that the Covid restrictions were still pretty tight, and frankly still are on some levels.  We launched a new range relationship in an underserved area, (way to go Maha!) and held two sold out events at that venue. We had an Instructor Boot Camp in that same area that was well attended. Many many thanks to Max Ord for giving us his time and energy, making the trip out west, and putting this crew on the right track!  And Alamogordo stayed solidly active, thanks to Hotairbill, oladcock, and Jerry Hall.

Shoot bosses, if you need some help with logistics going into the new year, let me know. That's muh job, dontcha know  :cool2:

So far I can confirm one Ladyseed on the roster for Alamogordo, in March https://appleseedinfo.org/location/?locationid=230&eventid=8229

And another Ladyseed in September for Albuquerque, as soon as I get word back from Founders Ranch confirming my date request.
***Founders Ranch approved the date - it'll be Sept 17-18, 2022. https://appleseedinfo.org/location/?locationid=944&eventid=8230***

I anticipate both of those events selling out. 

New on the horizon, there's the very high likelihood of a new relationship with the club up in Los Alamos. I've been working on this for a bit now. A lot longer than it needed to be, thanks to La 'Rona, but we're at full steam again.  The Board of the range will meet this Thursday to discuss it and review the material I sent. Desert_Diver will be the local point man on this effort. Let's make sure he has the support he needs.  I expect it'll be a two shoot per year range.  The population of that county is pretty dang small. We don't want to oversaturate them.  Add to that the fact that every instructor will have to travel in and stay overnight, except maybe Captwa.  Two per year seems like a good place to start.  I'll keep you all posted on that as it develops.

A final thought:  We all need to contemplate an underutilized avenue for furthering the Mission:  The Libertyseed.  They take less time, less manpower, and less logistics, and more importantly they reach an audience we might not otherwise reach at a regular shooting event.  No shoot boss is required to be in attendance. A Red Hat can conduct a Libertyseed. IITs, that Red Hat can also sign off on your PC4 history requirements if you present a solid Strike at a Libertyseed.  If nothing else, it's great real world practice, and gives the cadre an opportunity to promote upcoming shooting events.  If you are interested in holding a Libertyseed, get with me. We'll make it happen.

Thank you all for everything you do. You guys make me look so good to the brass  :bow:  I am grateful for every single one of you.

In Liberty,
Traci
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Mrs. Smith

For anyone I may have missed when I emailed this file, here's the 2022 schedule for NM and Far West Texas as it stands today.  I'm including Midland and Amarillo on this, as the traveling distance is quite reasonable from some parts of the state.

Muchas Gracias to GTengineer for building this super sweet spreadsheet! You rock, sir!  :bow:

Shoot Bosses, as you add events let me know ASAP.  I'll update and redistribute this spreadsheet, and get those events posted to the Facebook page.

Toodles!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24