News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX October 16-17, 2021 AAR

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, October 19, 2021, 10:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

We had an awesome shoot in College Station at the beautiful CCC range last weekend - Oct 16-17, 2021.

23 shooters registered and made it to the shoot Saturday.

4 of those had an address in Hawaii - how cool is that?

Many of the others travelled a good distance from their Texas homes as well.

We had beautiful weather Saturday. Some wind but no rain.

Tank5, bollox, Ghostring, didactic and myself instructed.

This shoot stands out in our collective instructor minds as "most loaner rifles loaned out.

At least 9 different loaner rifles were loaned out. We'd had advanced notice for 4 loaners for the shooters from HI.

We didn't quite get to an AQT on Saturday.

23 shooters returned on Sunday. Sunday was beautiful with much less wind.

Shooters were able to shoot 6 AQT's total - one of which was after the last Hits Count target (our custom at CCC).

3 shooters scored Rfielmen Sunday!

Caden was the first - he had been trying for more than a few shoots. Caden shot 211!

Shelby scored 215! I recall that he had three stages with the same score 43, 43, 43.

Edison requalified as Distinguished with a 236!

Other shooters were getting close.

We congratulate Tank5 - this was his first shoot to work as Full Instructor. His IIT hat was officially retired. Huzzah!

Until next time - dry fire!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

Sounds like a really good shoot. And congrats to Tank.

lol - I was worried it was going to get rained out.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.