News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville, AL (HISR) October 16, 2021 AAR

Started by Google, October 19, 2021, 10:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

The weather was absolutely glorious for our one-day Appleseed at Hobbs Island Shooting Range (HISR) in South Huntsville, AL.  HISR owner, Don Eiermann, has been a staunch supporter of Appleseed since the range opened 2 years ago and we are always grateful for the opportunity to host a clinic there. 

We started Saturday morning off in the classroom by welcoming a mix of familiar faces and newcomers.  AH1Tom led with the First Strike of the Match and was also awarded his 50 event pin.  Congratulations, AH1Tom!  After the safety brief we made our way to the line and started the day with a Hits Count (Red Coat) target.  The group worked diligently throughout the morning putting the instruction into practice and were rewarded by watching their groups shrink from shotgun large to mostly square-sized very quickly. 

Maximum Ordinate shared the Second Strike during lunch then we got back to work with practicing IMC and transition stages.  EddieB finished up the day's history with the Third Strike and we were ready for an AQT.  We did not find any new Riflemen among us this day, but I'm sure we have some in our future given the scores that were posted.  The afternoon Hits Count target reflected the progress made during the day.

Thank you to the enthusiastic shooters that joined us for this event.  Remember, a Rifleman persists!  Practice at home using dry fire to hone your skills ... finding and trusting NPOA, the 6 steps of firing a shot, getting comfortable in the proper positions, and magazine changes ... just remember to keep the ammo in another room!  The crew had a great time working with you and hope to see you again soon.   :~ :~

I only had time for a couple of pictures.  Please post more if you have them.

Group photo:

AH1Tom receiving his 50 shoot pin:

Mf1ve

This was my second Appleseed event, and my first rifle instruction - ever! I came prepared to learn, and I sure did. In the morning, I had enough knowledge to be safe, and to generally hit paper, but that was it. By the end of the day, I had much improvement, a great start up the learning curve, and a head full of exercises to go do. Truly inspirational coaching AND storytelling!

All of the Appleseed volunteers did a terrific job of both preparing for and running this event. I'll keep talking these events up with my friends. Below are a few pictures I grabbed when I could.

HardHolder

That's a great group of instructors there. Glad everyone had a great time. I will be shooting the KD next month ay Hobb's Island shooting range. I can't wait.