News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA October 16-17, 2021

Started by EZ3, October 17, 2021, 08:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

In spite of a wretched weather forecast, patriotic Americans gathered from as far away as Ohio, Maryland and Bellefonte, PA to share our American Heritage of History and Marksmanship at the Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol Club.  The Club graciously provided us with a covered range, so we kept MOSTLY dry while practicing marksmanship fundamentals and "Rifleman's Yoga".  The students were very attentive to the marksmanship instruction, as was proved on the AQT shot at the end of the day, with Jason and John scoring 220, Jim shooting 234 and Matt with the day's high score of 237.  Paul, Jim and Matt each made all thirteen shots count on a Redcoat.   :snipersmi

Sunday the weather was drier, and also cooler and windier, but our students were not deterred.  Jim picked up where he had left off Saturday with three more scores over 230, including the weekend's high score of 239 (Ouch!)  John also re-qualified with a 214, and Paul earned his Rifleman patch with a 220.  Jim closed out his weekend by clearing the PM Redcoat.  Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol is a long-time host of Project Appleseed, and an especially generous one.  They allow us exclusive use of their Rifle range for two hours on Sunday afternoon so that students can put lessons learned on the 25 meter range to use at full distance.  Several took advantage of the opportunity.  In spite of qualifying with a nice score on Saturday, Jason said the first time he really "got" NPOA was when he was ringing a steel target at 400 yards like it was a dinner bell.    O0 

Safe travels to all on your journey home, and come see us again next year.  Bring a friend!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Corvette

Sounds like a great event.  Huzzah!!!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charles McKinley

Having 5 brothers on the line made for a lively event.  The other shooter was from VA.  It was great to hear the steel ring and the BOOM of the Mosin.  It was a great weekend and I hope to see them all next year.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Texas T

Here is a quick photo from the line on Saturday morning…
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

DragginWood

That was a great weekend, I was one of the 5 brothers on the line. It was cool that we made an Appleseed event into a 4 day camping trip, brother bonding is always a great way to make memories while learning new skills. And shooting the Mosin was unbelievable, so loud and with a heck of a kick. Hopefully we can come back and this time I'll bring my 350 Legend that can make those 300 and 400 yrd shots a bit more consistent, unless I can get the Mosin sighted in better with those iron sights. It was a great weekend all around! :snipersmi