News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

River Falls Wisconsin Oct. 9-10,2021

Started by martin, October 12, 2021, 02:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

We had a glorious weekend at the River Falls Sportsman Club with students that were eager to practice marksmanship and hear about their heritage. Congratulations to the shooters that requalified Zeb (234) , Grant (233) and Adam (247) and I should mention that Adam and Grant earned the Distinguished Patch. I should mention Kevin and Adam also requalified.

Big thanks to our instructors this weekend, RustyRed, M14man, TheDestroyer, ProudPapa14, and 22Salty. Good Job!

Special thanks to the River Falls Sportsman Club and to our friend Belinda.

Pictures will follow.

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Ok, let's get some pictures up.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

ProudPapa14

Thank you River Falls Sportsmen Club for being wonderful hosts.  Thank you students and instructors.  It was a beautiful weekend sharing our shared history and heritage while learning to be marksmen.

The young men who were on the line were a pleasure to teach. 

Bear - keep practicing and having your dad get you out to practice.  Hopefully next year you'll continue to improve and get that riflemen's patch.
Charlie - nice meeting you.  Great perseverance in dealing with an ill fitting rifle and mechanical issues.  I hope to see you at future events.

I unfortunately didn't get many photos.  What I can share is here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/us2fihoYThFJW3te7

Cyclone336

I had a great time! I would also like to thank all of the instructors, especially for letting me shoot my Garand for an AQT. It really reinforced the importance of good form and proper NPOA because when I did them correctly, the gun would come right back to where it started, even after the significant recoil.

martin

How about a few more pictures,,,,
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Here's the youngest students
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

M14man

The Crew.
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -Thomas Jefferson

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death; If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive…" â€"Harriet Tubman

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine

If we cease to assert Our rights we shall dwindle into supineness and the chains of slavery shall be fast rivetted upon us
-Samuel Whittemore