News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID, September 25/26, KD Event, AAR

Started by Prescott, September 28, 2021, 12:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We had a fantastic fall weekend for our only KD event at this range this year.   We finally sold out the line for a KD event, as we struggled to get participants for the last two years.  This was the only KD event in the NW this year, but hopefully we will be back at Eatonville, WA and Eagle Creek, OR with KD events next year.   

The students came to this event to either learn the come up for their rifle, or reconfirm their DOPE.   There was a few repeat KD event participants, but the majority of the shooters attended their first event.   The weather was perfect for shooting and mostly the wind was calm.  There was a light breeze on Sunday afternoon, but it was not strong enough to teach the shooters about holding into the wind.

Barry G attended his first AS event in Parma, ID the weekend prior to the KD event.  He learned a lot that weekend but did not earn his rifleman patch.   He took a week to digest what he learned and put the AS marksmanship techniques to use and earned his rifleman patch at this event.    In addition, Patrick, Jeff and Russ earned their KD patches at this event.   Barry H and Richard repeated their KD rifleman scores by shooting multiple KD AQTs in the 220s.   Congratulations to all of the patches earned this last weekend.

I will work with Mr. Clean to schedule an event for 2022 at this range, and hopefully we will sell out the event next year.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

flexifoil21

Really appreciate all the instructors for taking time to teach us to be better marksmen.  I learned something useful from each of them.  Plus, it made my wife happy to know I don't need to buy anything new - the problem isn't the gun, it's the guy behind the scope  ;)

Loved the stories Prescott and Mr. Clean shared with the group - made me question several things I thought I knew.  This was my 3rd Appleseed and I have been pleasantly surprised by how each set of instructors choose to tell the revolutionary war stories in slightly different ways.  This time, Prescott took us on a journey of position and power abuse that started in Roman times and ultimately triggered the American conflict.  It was fascinating and is prompting me to hit the books to fill in gaps in my education.  It's also making me contemplate how many current politics issues can be traced back to political system failures where the "plebeians" didn't do their part.

wstrngnnt

Another outstanding weekend at Fernan.  Good weather, Great Range, Amazing instructors.

Congrats to the new KD rifleman.

One of these days I will get everything together and pull a distinguished score.  I had a stage score high enough at each distance, just never can get them to line up in the same AQT. My best was 232 with 48 black. 

thanks as always for running things Prescott

Mark, where are the pictures I saw you taking?
:pics: