News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Damariscotta, Maine October 9-10, 2021

Started by BD, October 11, 2021, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BD

Fourteen motivated Mainers met on a lovely fall weekend to work on marksmanship and learn about our shared heritage.
The leaves are just starting to change.  There is nothing like Maine in the fall.
Everyone got to see the effects of changing your clothing when many people went from three layers to one and back to three as the days progressed.
This was our first event in a long time in the midcoast area of the state.  Damariscotta is a great spot for saving the republic.

The instructor core came from Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts and even Georgia.  Everyone enjoyed the event.
We lost a few shooters to the harsh realities of real life as the weekend moved along and finished with a smaller crew.
Seven Rifleman patches were issued, a 50% ratio!  Outstanding.

Special recognition to Kevin, Conrad, Jim and Scott for stepping up to take the orange hat and become instructors!

Up the Republic

TOMINCT

This was a great event as BD stated. The shooters were ready and eager and with a very favorable instructor to student ratio much advancement in abilities was seen. It was unfortunate that several were unable to return Sunday.

The Lincoln County Rifle Club did a great job, very nice facilities and easy to get to from the mid coast area. I hope another event is planned there.

It was good to catch up with the IT crew, some I've known but especially those I didn't beforehand. Hope to see many of you in the future in Maine.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Jake1918

JMynes

What a great weekend for an Appleseed! Good to see some familiar faces, and meet a few new shooters. Congrats to the first time Riflemen, good job!
A big thank you to the instructors for taking the time to provide a safe event and helping us hone our marksmanship skills. We all have busy lives these days, and to sacrifice an entire weekend clearly demonstrates your commitment to the preservation of Liberty.
Those are some good candid photos of the event, Jake, but I think your exposure settings are off. My hair can't possibly be that gray.
Looking forward to the next one!