News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Central Plains - Welcome new Regional Coordinator, Captain!

Started by Maximum Ordinate, October 09, 2021, 10:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Friends,

After many years of dedicated service, Master Instructor Colycat will be passing the Regional Coordinator torch.  Colycat has been a leader in Project Appleseed for many years.  He's been instrumental in helping shape the Project Appleseed we all know and love today.  Of course, he'll be staying on to serve as an MI - for which I am very grateful.

As grateful as I am for Colycat's long service, I'm equally excited to announce the new Central Plains Regional Coordinator, Captain.

Captain and his family are joining the Arkansas and Central Plains team.  If you've spent any time on the forum, you can't help but notice his limitless energy and passion for the Mission.  I am confident that Cap is going to be a great addition to the Central Plains Region!

Colycat - thank you for everything you've done in the role of RC.

Cap - thanks for picking up a bigger bucket to bail.

Please join me in thanking Colycat for his many years of service as RC and Cap for taking up the mantle!  HUZZAH!!!!!    O0

In Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Pine Ridge Puma

Lucky you CENTRAL PLAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And congratulations Rob on your new post and thank you so much for everything  you have done for Appleseed.  We appreciate you!  PRP
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

Mrs. Smith

See? When you go to bed really early,  you miss all the excitement!

Colycat, our humblest gratitude for your years of service, and dedication to the Mission and the people under your care. "Huzzah" is insufficient,  but it'll have to do.  So glad you'll be staying active in your MI role.  Thank you.

Rob,  you sneaky devil. I turn my back for a minute,  and you're an RC! Doesn't seem all that long ago you were an IIT0 at a Boot Camp, learning stuff from me. What's that saying about students surpassing teachers? It's our greatest wish.

I guess I'll have to tell Bill you're not an "orphan" anymore  ;) You're Central Plains' Rob now.

My sincerest thanks to you both.   :bow:

Traci
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Taylor

Colycat was SB at my first Appleseed in 2009 and he definitely reawakened The Spirit of The American Revolution in me. Thank you for all your service Coly!

Congratulations Captain on your new responsibilities!

Mike/Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Charley

Thanks for all you have done colycat!

Congratulations Captain on this promotion!

Charley

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Snow Snake

Congratulations Rob.I'm honored to know you and confident you'll do a bang-up job.
                                                  :beer:
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

PaleRider

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

scuzzy

Thanks Rob and Coly.

I'd met coly years ago in Waterman, IL and we became fast friends. Good guy.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Twineagles

Huzzah I look forward to you in your new role Rob. Colycat has been a help to our Iowa program when we needed it.

Mike SC IA
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Google

Thank you, ColyCat, for your dedicated service to the mission.  :bow:

Congratulations, Captain, on your new role.  I look forward to working with you in the future.

Google

Black Russian

Congratulations Rob! Here's to spreading the word of Liberty  :beer:  :F
The Black Russian Terrier
"Bred to have the size, substance and temperament to stop, hold and, if necessary, destroy an adult male human."  Col. G Medvedev, Red Star Kennels

"Lighten up, Francis"  Sgt. Hulka (Warren Oates) from the movie Stripes

ProudPapa14

Thank you Colycat for your work.  Like Taylor, you were my first shoot boss and your input over the years has been very helpful and appreciated.

Rob/Captain - congratulations and I look forward to working with you.

Steck

Captain, congratulations!

Coly, thank you for all your (continuing!) hard work.

Fidget

Most of my books are here: https://www.librarycat.org/lib/bflysmile

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks to ColyCat for all his service. He did the review for my SBit3 event (over the phone) 10 years ago when there was no DSB to work the event with me. I hope to meet you face-to-face sometime.
Congrats Captain!

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

bravhrt

Congratulations, Captain! Colorado's loss is the Central Plains' gain. Best of luck in your new venture!
I tell you true, liberty is the best of all things. Never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. ~ William Wallace

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. ~ Wyatt Earp

Let us drop talking and get on with our work. ~ Michael Collins

Rifleman - 09.13.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
Pistoleer™ - 10.17.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
IBC - 03.27-28.21 @ Larkspur, CO
Pistol IBC - 05.14-15.21 @ Otto Road Shooting Range
KD Rifleman & Morgan's Shingle - 10.02.22 @ Ben Lomond GC

Tennessee Beast

Thank you for your many years of service, Colycat.  I hope to get to work with you someday.

Congratulations , Captain!   The region will certainly be well taken care of.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Captain

I'd like to add my thanks to ColyCat!

And also thanks to all the kind words from everyone. I'm glad to be a part of the Central Plains Cadre and look forward to helping to see our mission advanced in our Region!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range