News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Hat Supplier Change?

Started by Naga, October 09, 2021, 12:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naga

Hello.  Since I was promoted to Instructor, I recently bought a couple of Instructor hats with my real/forum names embroidered on them from the Appleseed Store.  The hats that came in were different than the one pictured in the store (headtotoe with a velcro closure versus Richardson with a snap closure), and are different than the one I received upon promotion to Instructor (which is also a Richardson with a snap closure).  These new headtotoe hats are much smaller than the Richardson hat, and are quite uncomfortable compared to the Richardson hat. 

Will Appleseed be switching over to these new headtotoe hats permanently, or was this just a temporary thing due to supply chain issues?  Hopefully it is only temporary.  I like the Richardson hat.

Nashville Stage

I'm not with the warehouse staff, so I can't answer on their behalf. However, I can provide some anecdotal data.

Over the years, I've accumulated 4 hats (2 HeadToToe and 2 Richardson 212 Md-Lg), and all 4 of them fit my head a little differently. My guess is that the manufacturing tolerances for a "one-size-fits-all" hat are fairly loose.

I have my favorite hat that fits me the best, and the other sits on the shelf as a standby. I've never seen an instructor hat with a Velcro closure on the back (though that would be awesome!). All of mine have the standard plastic snap closure.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Snow Snake

Since we're on the topic  " A MESH CAP IN THE SUMMER HEAT WOULD BE AWESOME".  :cool2:
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Burnett

Alright, I'll be the one to ask, what's a head to toe cap? Richardson cap? Styles? Brands?
Greg

Rattlehead

Quote from: Burnett on October 09, 2021, 10:08:29 PM
Alright, I'll be the one to ask, what's a head to toe cap? Richardson cap? Styles? Brands?
Greg

Both are brands/manufacturers.

Burnett

GTEngineer

There is an "large hat" option for SBs to order with their shoot box for their instructors, I believe it was put in place around 2 years ago due to some of us having extra cranial capacity than others.... ;)  I would reach out to your SB and ask if they can order you a large hat with the next shoot box.

Quote from: Naga on October 09, 2021, 12:11:21 AM
Hello.  Since I was promoted to Instructor, I recently bought a couple of Instructor hats with my real/forum names embroidered on them from the Appleseed Store.  The hats that came in were different than the one pictured in the store (headtotoe with a velcro closure versus Richardson with a snap closure), and are different than the one I received upon promotion to Instructor (which is also a Richardson with a snap closure).  These new headtotoe hats are much smaller than the Richardson hat, and are quite uncomfortable compared to the Richardson hat. 

Will Appleseed be switching over to these new headtotoe hats permanently, or was this just a temporary thing due to supply chain issues?  Hopefully it is only temporary.  I like the Richardson hat.
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

mr6actual

Quote from: Snow Snake on October 09, 2021, 06:16:53 PM
Since we're on the topic  " A MESH CAP IN THE SUMMER HEAT WOULD BE AWESOME".  :cool2:
YES PLEASE!!  From PHOENIX, ARID-ZONA
"For all your days prepare and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear, when you are the hammer, strike! (Edwin Markham) 
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee 1788

Big John

Quote from: GTEngineer on October 10, 2021, 01:11:28 AM
There is an "large hat" option for SBs to order with their shoot box for their instructors, I believe it was put in place around 2 years ago due to some of us having extra cranial capacity than others.... ;)  I would reach out to your SB and ask if they can order you a large hat with the next shoot box.

These were not an option when we last ordered shoot box. The website bigheadcaps.com has many hats for large headed people. Many years ago, when I joined the program, I took the orange hat that I was given, ordered a couple orange hats and several red hats from that site, and went to an embroiderer and had the RWVA applied to the two oranges, four reds, and a red bucket, if I recall. I think the colored buckets are no longer at bigheadcaps. All the ball caps in standard AS colors are. I will have the need to get another couple hats soon, and I believe that the "RWVA" is now passé, so, is there a place to download the current Project Appleseed logo as a file I can provide an embroiderer?

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Big John on April 25, 2022, 05:16:13 PM
Quote from: GTEngineer on October 10, 2021, 01:11:28 AM

These were not an option when we last ordered shoot box. The website bigheadcaps.com has many hats for large headed people. Many years ago, when I joined the program, I took the orange hat that I was given, ordered a couple orange hats and several red hats from that site, and went to an embroiderer and had the RWVA applied to the two oranges, four reds, and a red bucket, if I recall. I think the colored buckets are no longer at bigheadcaps. All the ball caps in standard AS colors are. I will have the need to get another couple hats soon, and I believe that the "RWVA" is now passé, so, is there a place to download the current Project Appleseed logo as a file I can provide an embroiderer?

It's not listed as an item, Big John. The protocol is that your Shoot Boss adds it to their shoot box order with a note in the box on the final checkout screen labeled either "notes" or "comments."  Having the logo embroidered yourself is frowned upon.  The hats are there, you just need to ask.

Hope that helps.

In Liberty,
Traci
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24