News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Townsend, WA Oct. 16-17 AAR

Started by janer, October 04, 2021, 01:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janer

Sold out event.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.

janer

Great weekend.  Thank you to Jefferson County Sportsmans Association in Port Townsend for their continued support of Project Appleseed.  And thanks to all who came out in spite of wind, rain and ferry issues. 

We had wind all day Saturday and rain all day Sunday.  The conditions didn't stop new Riflemen Maren (227), Jesse (216) and  Marcus (214).  Repeat Rifleman Ray, then topped it off with a 240 and a Distinguished patch.  Congratulation to all.

There are several of you knocking at the door.  Dry practice is your friend.  It will make a difference.  I hope to see you all again on the line.

There is also a new member of Daniel Morgan's company.  IIT Iborche demonstrated his Kentucky Rifle  for us and nailed the shingle one the Hits Count target with one cold bore shot.  Hopefully he will post the picture.

Iborche

Thanks all for a great weekend despite the challenging weather and a big HUZZAH to the three new Riflemen and Ray for your requalification with a Distinguished tab!

Haven't had many opportunities to get out the Kentucky Rifle I built as a COVID lockdown project but it proved capable enough this weekend - we demonstrated the function of a flintlock and how much more work it was to fire a single shot in 1775 vs today. The wet conditions certainly didn't help avoid a misfire on the 1st attempt, and a hangfire on the 2nd attempt proved the importance of the steady hold factors and good follow through - sending the ball right into the lower half of Morgan's Shingle. I'm a pretty good cook but am happy to have a rifle instead! Can't brag too much until I try it at 250 yards, might need to run a few more sighter squares between now and then  :snipersmi

GTEngineer

Oh man I wish I could've seen that!  What an awesome thing to demonstrate.  The kids from CAP a month ago were just awed by the flintlock.

Quote from: Iborche on October 18, 2021, 10:58:35 PM
Thanks all for a great weekend despite the challenging weather and a big HUZZAH to the three new Riflemen and Ray for your requalification with a Distinguished tab!

Haven't had many opportunities to get out the Kentucky Rifle I built as a COVID lockdown project but it proved capable enough this weekend - we demonstrated the function of a flintlock and how much more work it was to fire a single shot in 1775 vs today. The wet conditions certainly didn't help avoid a misfire on the 1st attempt, and a hangfire on the 2nd attempt proved the importance of the steady hold factors and good follow through - sending the ball right into the lower half of Morgan's Shingle. I'm a pretty good cook but am happy to have a rifle instead! Can't brag too much until I try it at 250 yards, might need to run a few more sighter squares between now and then  :snipersmi
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleerâ„¢:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleerâ„¢ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

ctorg

Wanted to say how great it was to have the opportunity to work with all of you this weekend. I learned a lot seeing how different instructors do different things, each with your own style and flair! I learned a lot this weekend from all of you, as well as from the students, which I hope will make me better able to be an Appleseed instructor. Thank you all, and I look forward to working with you again.