News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Trying to post pictures from MVSA Appleseed KD event

Started by wrongtargetken, October 03, 2021, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrongtargetken

Hmm...I'm trying to post some jpg pictures from the event but it isn't working.  Am I doing something wrong?
"You shot the wrong target Ken"
January 2021
Match 2021
April 2021
August 2021
October 2021

wrongtargetken

January 2021
Match 2021
April 2021
August 2021
October 2021

eaglescouter

I've had to upload two pics at a time, then go back and edit the post to add two more.
Tedious, but it works.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Maximum Ordinate

The easiest way to post pics is to upload them to Imgur, and grab their pre-formatted links to embed them into your posts.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

wrongtargetken

January 2021
Match 2021
April 2021
August 2021
October 2021

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on October 03, 2021, 11:08:00 PM
The easiest way to post pics is to upload them to Imgur, and grab their pre-formatted links to embed them into your posts.

wrongtargetken, I finally started doing it this way ^^^ and it took all the frustration out of posting AARs.  I only wish I'd know how to do it sooner!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Nashville Stage

The most common problem is trying to post images that have too large of a file size. Most cameras and phones take such high-resolution photos that you could fill a billboard with them. The resulting file size is so large that the forum can't handle it, and it rejects the upload. Generally speaking, you'll want to keep your image size to be 1024 x 768 or less (if in landscape orientation), and 768 pixels high or less (if in portrait orientation) for uploading to the forum.

Another common hiccup is that photos sometimes get rotated sideways or upside-down. This usually happens when trying to upload photos directly from a phone.

The easiest way to fix both of these issues is to do what has already been suggested. However, if you have photo editing software, you can also do the same thing.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."