News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colebrook Ct, RFKD, Sept. 25, 2021

Started by TOMINCT, September 30, 2021, 03:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A very interesting and rewarding day at NWCSA in Colebrook with Ct's first RFKD event. 8 shooters came out and with fair weather, persistence and perseverance managed to do well over the day.

Spent some time on sight in at 25 and 100 yards, interspersed with instruction on what it takes to get out to distance. Some time was spent here, not wanting anyone struggling with zeroing issues. A break for lunch and short history segments rounded out the morning before hitting AQT's.

The nice weather meant no problems for getting out from under cover, so we had the luxury of a pre set 25-50-75 and 100 yard range. !00 yard stage was fired from under cover and once rifles were made safe the line moved forward en mass with muzzles up to the next firing line. Once started things flowed well and we got in 4 stage by stage AQT's in by late afternoon.

In no special order we had 5 shooters break 40 hits. Brian fired a 42 followed by Ron with a 46.  Shooters making distinguished were Kamel with 48, Mark with 49 and Jon with a 50! Much improvement seen with others scoring into the mid 30's.

As a finale we took them out to 175 yards to learn a bit more about trajectory, wind and where their holds would be for a just in case shot. Once finished with getting on target we fired a round robin segment, with shooters taking 1 shot at a time down the line at a 7" x6" shingle at 175. With 5 rounds per shooter the hit ratio was 33%, or 15 hits out of 45 fired. Yours truly formed the cheering section when hits were made, to lend some excess noise to the mix.

A word thanks to Parallax and JMurrayVT for being on the line, coaching when needed, helping with minor adjustments and repairs. It made the day go well for those attending and the SB.

A big thank you to NWCSA for use of the facilities, everything was as ready as could be. The club has been a strong supporter of Appleseed and we look forward to their hosting of events in the future.

As always a Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

kamilo6

Thank you Parallax, JMurrayVT and TomInCt.
This was a fun fun fun event.
Great weather and good people.

Parallax

I'm looking forward to having more Rimfire KD's in CT next year.

Following are pictures of the range, shooters practicing target detection and the objects they were looking for.

Parallax

Here are those that had received a rocker for their efforts. All received valuable knowledge and insight for the future.

Parallax

Here is a picture of my rifle. Who doesn't like a picture of a rifle.
At the far bank I highlighted the 175 yard plate.
And a picture of the steal plate we had our chance at.

TOMINCT

Nice pics Ron. How can I forget the target detection stage? :wb:

I gave everyone 10 mins to spot the items shown with binocs or scope. Once past 10 mins I asked if they were done and most wanted to look longer, so it ran to almost 20. As far as who found what Glenn came in close with 3 out of 4, others varied. The right side of the range was well lit and the black furry critter (hat) and a green square weren't too bad. But the left side was shaded making it much more of a challenge with the 2nd square and the antlers.

I also want to thank TheMenace and ItsanSKS for their help in giving me solid ideas of what to try and accomplish. Their input helped greatly, thank you gentlemen.
Ramseur 2-12!

Athleta Christi

Thank you @TOMINCT , @Parallax (and the other helpers) for putting together another excellent event.  This was my first KD and I really enjoyed myself.  I look forward to the next Appleseed and to future KD events too.  :)

JMurrayVT

I'm glad I was able to make it down and help instruct. Definitely worth the trip.
V/r,

JMurrayVT

TOMINCT

Thanks for the kind words A C, and for the help JMVT.

It's hoped we can do this again next season, maybe more than at 1  range. Should have something solid listed in the spring.
Ramseur 2-12!