News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Temple TX KD Sept 25-26, 2021

Started by scuzzy, September 28, 2021, 03:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Nice shoot. Weather was decent. 90 degrees but with low humidity and a breeze. Definitely tolerable to downright nice.

We only had 4 preregs and on Saturday two of them didn't show - no email or call - nothing. No transfer for you. Sunday only 1 returned. The guy that didn't show on Sunday had shot an AK47 all of Saturday with the expected results. It was doing decent by the end of Saturday but hey it's an AK. I like an AK myself - just not at 400 yards.

So what to do when hardly any students. Yup. Have all the instructors do a bit of shooting. Heck I even got in 4 aqts. Two of them with 232. Man - just a few rounds right below the black dangit. Still chasing Distinguished KD.

The student that returned Sunday shot expert. Good job.

Steck shot Rifleman! Yeah - bout time. She did great. Turns out her scope just needed a bit of adjustment on the focus. Luckily I have the same scope and know a bit a bout it.

Bones got his Morgans Rifleman patch. The rest of us that have already got it tried it standing - without success.

The other instructor all qualified again too.

Anyhow we all had fun.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Corvette

It is always a good thing when our instructors get some trigger time.  Once one steps up to instruct, it is always a challenge to keep your skills sharp as you work shoots but shoot so much less.  Wish I could have been there to shoot with all of you.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

scuzzy

Quote from: Corvette on September 28, 2021, 03:35:45 PM
Wish I could have been there to shoot with all of you.

If you're ever in Texas you're more than welcome to come on out. Plus mi casa is su casa.

Forgot to add - one of our instructors here in Texas has his own ammo company. They make some good stuff and the price is right:

https://stand1armory.com/

Right now a case of remanufactured 223 is 485. There is match stuff too. I was using the remanufactured ammo during sight in on Saturday. I got a 4.5 inch group at 300 so it's pretty good stuff. And that's with a cheap Palmetto rifle. If I had a high power scope and nice barrel I might have done better - using an ACOG knockoff so low power. So good stuff and you're supporting an instructor.

If you want some get online REAL early in the morning to order since it goes fast. They update the website after they run a batch. The match stuff is good too.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Steck

It's always a hoot at Brass Valley!

Seriously, if you've never been... charming hosts, great facility, nice cool shaded spots for lunch.