News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oct 23-24 Leyden Planning

Started by Jake1918, September 27, 2021, 09:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake1918

I will be camping out at Leyden Friday and Saturday (Oct 22/23). I will be making a pot roast and an apple pie Saturday. If that sounds like something you're interested in let me know, so I can get an appropriately sized roast. (Please plan a redundant in case I have to cancel last minute.)

lupis42

I will take care of after-dinner cigars then, and a little something to have with them. Now we just need to persuade MWolf to fix his ice cream machine...
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

JMurrayVT

I just got word that a friend of mine didn't wake up the other day. His funeral is on the 23rd. I won't be able to attend the Appleseed Pistol Clinic.
V/r,

JMurrayVT

lupis42

Very sorry for your loss.  Condolences.

Quote from: JMurrayVT on September 29, 2021, 04:05:37 PM
I just got word that a friend of mine didn't wake up the other day. His funeral is on the 23rd. I won't be able to attend the Appleseed Pistol Clinic.

ReluctantGT

I just found out about Appleseed pistol clinics and I'd like to attend this one.  However, I'm not sure about bringing firearms (from Maine) to MA. 

It looks like I'd have to obtain a non-resident permit, which requires having taken a MA state-approved firearms safety course.  Does this sound right?  If so, I suspect the likelihood of getting a permit within 2 weeks is fairly low.

Loaner rifles are fairly common at the 'seeds I've been to.  How about loaner pistols?

lupis42

Quote from: ReluctantGT on October 11, 2021, 10:47:55 AM
I just found out about Appleseed pistol clinics and I'd like to attend this one.  However, I'm not sure about bringing firearms (from Maine) to MA. 

It looks like I'd have to obtain a non-resident permit, which requires having taken a MA state-approved firearms safety course.  Does this sound right?  If so, I suspect the likelihood of getting a permit within 2 weeks is fairly low.

Loaner rifles are fairly common at the 'seeds I've been to.  How about loaner pistols?

Loaner pistols are not (at least not yet) allowed by our insurance.  That said, you may be alright bringing a pistol into MA for this event: https://www.goal.org/Travel-Info.  All the usual disclaimers (I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice).

lupis42

Quote from: Jake1918 on September 27, 2021, 09:22:45 PM
I will be camping out at Leyden Friday and Saturday (Oct 22/23). I will be making a pot roast and an apple pie Saturday. If that sounds like something you're interested in let me know, so I can get an appropriately sized roast. (Please plan a redundant in case I have to cancel last minute.)

If there's interest, I'll bring a large pan and plenty of cured meat products to fry up Sunday morning.

Jake1918

ReluctantGT I'd like to reiterate that if you want a particular type of event to let the Maine instructors know.

aim

MattNH and I will be running a rifle event on Sunday on the 200m range. We'll be there to help instruct on Saturday.
Shiny!

capnmike

I apologize but I cant get the time off work next weekend and wont be able to attend the Appleseed Pistol Clinic.

lupis42

Jake,

I'm still going to be there, and hoping for dinner, and Mike will hopefully be too.  If you have dinner covered, I promise hot breakfast!