News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Whither for black powder now?

Started by 509gman, September 16, 2021, 02:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

509gman

As some of you know, it is my custom to bring out my Brown Bess musket for memorial volleys on April 19th weekend events. I have had terrible luck with black powder substitutes in flintlocks, and now that Great Northern Guns has closed down, I am not aware of any alternative source for true black powder. Anyone know of anywhere that gets the stuff locally? The closer to Anchorage, the better. If anyone in the Lower 48 is lurking, shipping regulations make it so that even ammo (save from the CMP) isn't available to be shipped directly to me in AK (subject to "Air" hazmat rules, even if the label says "ground").
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.