News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: JCSA Appleseed Pistol Clinic instructor class, Port Townsend WA Oct 9/10

Started by GTEngineer, October 10, 2021, 11:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTEngineer

We had 9 total volunteer instructors with Project Appleseed rifle clinics join us at the JCSA range in Port Townsend WA for the first Appleseed Pistol Clinic event of WA!  The goal of this instructor clinic was to familiarize our rifle instructors with the new Appleseed Pistol Clinic course of instruction and bring everyone up to speed to enable us to bring our first public Appleseed Pistol Clinic event to be scheduled for 2022!

We finished the weekend with 3 instructors qualifying for their Pistoleer™ patch and many more instructors really really close.  I have no doubt that with additional practice, we will have many more instructors achieve their Pistoleer™ patch!  Congratulations to JayB, CTorg, and CaptainRebop on your multiple Pistoleer™ scores this weekend!

Another tool in our instructor tool bag to help spread the message of Liberty!  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

JayB

Really fun weekend.
Thanks to GTEngineer for stepping up and running this.
I think this can be a big step for Appleseed and, once the bugs are worked out in the manual and CoI, would attract a significant number of people.

A plus for instructors, as Hubble pointed out, is that no getting on the ground so your pants don't get dirty!  O0
Jay

P7

I'm glad to hear it went well!  This was a big weekend in Washington and Oregon, with full engagement, lots of instructors either working events or improving their qualifications.

Thanks to everyone for spending the time to do this, and to GTEngineer for running it.  Congratulations to the new Pistoleer™s - I am still working on that qualification (a 206 and a 209, but no 210 so far!).

I look forward to seeing pistol clinics on the schedule for next year.
Bradley "Brad" Foster (P7)

313-549-4956
bradley.foster@appleseedinfo.org

"The great object is that every man be armed."  - Patrick Henry