News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur Work Day Nov. 6th

Started by Vaportrace, October 31, 2021, 04:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaportrace

Good Afternoon To All.
Just a Reminder that November 6th is a Workday at the Home Range in Ramseur. Bolt Gun Bill Will Be Bringing His Skid Steer to Help at the KD 25 meter line. Please Bring Your Hand Tools With You. Work will include but not limited too, weeds, Trash, Fence Line, Office, Target Lines Ect..
As I've mentioned before, due to a previous date set months ago, I Unfortunately Will Not Be There. Keep Up The Good Work. Outstanding Improvements were made during our last workday. Suggestions are welcomed. Feel free to EMail Me or Monkey With Any Thoughts or Ideas. Let's Make Ramseur the Gold Standard for Project Appleseed!  Thanks! :F
JDB

Monkey

Thanks Vaportrace.

Cutting and pasting from the instructor board, for more/max visibility, plus some updates:
-------
Friends,

Again, thank you for the great success that was our RWVA Range Work Day this past August.  The work done during that event made very noticeable, positive improvements to the range.  Keeping our momentum, the next RWVA Range Day will be on Saturday, November 6.

Focus items will include general range repair (25M and KD) and cleanup, clubhouse clean up and drywall work, cabin electrical work, property line repair and POSSIBLY repair of the 25M line on the KD range (more to follow on that).

As was last time, we'll work in the morning, have some lunch (I'll bring the food again).

Tools we'll need include:

-   Brush cutting equipment (weed eaters or better)
-   Chainsaws
-   Retaining Wall equipment: shovels, tampers, mauls/heavy hampers
-   Gloves for handling debris
-   At least one pickup truck with an empty bed (Lesson Identified from last time - Range Truck should be operational as well)
-   A portable vacuum would be helpful
-   Cleaning supplies that you can spare
-   Anything else you anticipate would be useful
-   Friends/Conscripted Family Members/Extra Hands
-   A CAN-DO ATTITUDE

Helpful Items:
-   A Skid Steer  ;) ;D UPDATE: DONE!  THANKS BOLT GUN BILL!!

Some updates since my last post on this:

- New range warning signs have shipped and will be in hand Tuesday.
- Skid Steer has been confirmed
- On Monday, November 1, I'll confirm the following:
* Debris dumpster and railroad tie deliveries
* Status of electrical work on the cabins
* Status of drywall/mold remediation in the shack

I sent out an email separately to the NC instructor cadre, but any and all are invited to work.  Please let me know if you intend to help, so that I can plan for lunch accordingly.

At least one has requested to camp on site; as Vaportrace will not be available, I'll need to see if we can make the range available on Friday evening for camping.  More to follow on that.

As always, thanks for your support.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Mr.McCain

Lord willing I will be there, looking forward to seeing folks again its been far too long!
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few.

Monkey

Quote from: Mr.McCain on November 01, 2021, 10:16:12 AM
Lord willing I will be there, looking forward to seeing folks again its been far too long!

Look forward to having you!
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham