News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ring out 2021 with the sound of battle rifles and a new KD rocker

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, August 24, 2021, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Rumor has it (I'm starting the rumor) that there will be a one-day KD event at the Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN on 12/31/21. For 5 years in a row from 2013 to 2018 we had either a NY Eve or NY Day event in Pelham. It was always sold out, and I expect this one will be as well.

This will be a one-day event for Appleseed Instructors or shooters who have attended a 25 meter event and hopefully already earned a Rifleman patch. This is not the event to bring your neighbor who just bought her first AR and never attended a 25 meter event. Our goal is to develop a nation of Riflemen and that requires center fire battle rifles. There will be no fundamentals/position/6 steps/etc. instruction at this event. We will cover safety, trajectory, environmental factors and of course tell some history. Then we shoot/walk/shoot. Given that this will be one of the shortest daylight days of the year, you can expect at least 2 opportunities to qualify, 3 if you walk fast.  O0

As Appleseed instructors, we take great pride in being able to prove that we can walk-the-walk and not just talk-the-talk, so we find opportunities to requalify annually at 25 meters and at KD distance. If you've never qualified KD or have not in a while, this event is for you.

I will attend the shoot but will not be SB so there's a chance it may not rain, but I'm taking my rain gear anyway. I went all the way to Wyoming in May for a shoot and it rained with dime-size hail. Just sayin'. **)
Keep an eye on the schedule and get in early if you can commit this far out. It may be listed by the end of the day today.
See you on the line.
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Ramblin' Wreck

The event is on the schedule. Instructors, including IIT's, who want to attend should PM either me or Cleveland to register. If you register from the public link you'll be charged for the event.
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Captain

I'm a "reliable??" witness - he was in Wyoming and . . . it definitely rained.  ;D

This sounds like a great shoot, but I'm not sure I should ride my motorcycle to attend.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

ArmyVet

PM sent! Thanks so much for setting this up gentlemen. I look forward to ringing in the New Year with a KD re-qualification.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.