News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rice Lake, WI/Blue Hills Sportsmen's Club 7/31-8/1, 2021

Started by Taylor, August 02, 2021, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

After an absence of much too long we finally made it back to Blue Hills Sportsmen's Club near Rice Lake, WI. It was great to be back at such a fine facility and even greater to be back among this great group of students, many returnees as well as first-timers.

Thank you Blue Hills Sportsmen's Club for hosting Project Appleseed once again and another round of sincere thanks for your fine support all through the process of scheduling this event and making it happen. I'm looking forward to 2022 already.

Congratulations requalifying Riflemen Rob 233, Josh 232 and Distinguished Rifleman Abe 241.

Congratulations to our new Riflemen Bodi (also winner of the 300 yard turkey high hurdles) 221, Paul 218 and John (Bodi's Dad) 213. Great work all!

Knocking on the door were Amy 197, Jim 185 and Brad 190ish. You can all do it so persist!

Thank you to our dedicated IITs cjcb, ProudPapa14, TheDestroyer, m14man, DJ Liber-T and  GuardtheFire. Your work for this event was superb and it was this Old Guy's honor and privilege to work with each and every one of you. It was your efforts that made this event the success that it was.

Further congratulations to ProudPapa14 and m14man who completed their IIT journey and honored me with the privilege of awarding them with their Red Hats at this Appleseed. HUZZAH!

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you (along with the folks you've 7th stepped) at Hinckley, MN September 11-12!

Many great pics to share...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Last of the pics from Taylor's camera (sorry, stuck in the 20th century)...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

ProudPapa14

Thank you Blue Hills Sportsmen Club for the great range and support.  Also thank you for providing some warm lunch options for all of us.

Thank you Mike for the leading by example.  Thank you for your passion and for the fount of knowledge that you willingly share to any and all.

My son and I enjoyed the weekend.  Here are some additional pictures that I was able to capture after Mike's battery ran out.