News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek DRRC July 24th and 25th, 2021

Started by Flipper, July 29, 2021, 11:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipper

I can say last weekend was a great success at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. We had 23 eager shooters who were very much anticipating this event and came out with eager attitudes and were ready to learn. It was nice to see some familiar faces who returned to the line and did some 7th stepping as well  O0
Everyone did a fantastic job of persisting through the heat and being flexible as we adjusted our schedule to add in some extra breaks and adjusted where we were teaching in order to enjoy the shade.
Despite the extra heat the shooters put up some impressive scores with our first AQT Saturday afternoon and showed they had learned quite a lot that day. On Sunday everyone came back and was ready for another round. In the end we had numerous cleared redcoats and everyone qualified on their final redcoat of the day. Huzzah  ^:)^

Congratulations to our 3 new Rifleman; Ben with a 211, Tyler with a 222, and Colby with a 213 and 230
Also a Congratulations to our 3 Riflemen who Requalified; Dave with a 240 and a 244, Doug with a 232 and earned his distinguished with a 240, and John with a 219. Well done everyone!

Thank you for coming and being engaged with everything we had to teach you. Also a thank you to all of my instructors who made the effort to be there. I was worried up until a couple days before this event that I would not have enough help.  I will put pictures into a link and get them posted up next.

Best regards,
Flipper

Flipper

Okay here are the pictures. These are the pictures from Redhead and Whangdoodle as well. Let me know if something doesn't load.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qeT1mkufQs96M8VV9

Flipper