News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Laramie Wyoming 24-25July2021

Started by M1bzrk, July 27, 2021, 09:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

Saturday - Cool to start with at the Laramie Rifle Range, but we knew that would change.  We had 5 preregs, 3 of whom showed up plus one walk-on.  Sheila and David were from Torrington, Rick came up from Colorado and Russ was from Laramie.  Ridge Walker our newest ShootBoss came down from Dubois and regularguy from Laramie came to help out. 

We went through the normal startup: safety briefing, etc., followed by the morning RedCoat.  Then Ridge Walker presented both First and Second Strikes -  Excellent presentation and an appreciative audience; and it was starting to get pretty warm. We then turned to shooting squares and GreenCoats, adjusting sights and positions and slings and finally, after lunch, the first AQT, followed by the Third Strike again well presented by Ridge Walker.
The second AQT yielded to Russ' marksmanship with a score of 221.  Our first Rifleman!  Well done, Russ. I should point out that Project Appleseed has 3 LRRC board members who are also AS ITTs: Undertaker, regularguy and... Yes, Russ has steppedup and taken an orange hat.  It'll be interesting to find out what his forum name will be.
A final RC and we collected the target frames and stored them away. 
Sunday
It started out warmer than the day before.  Captain joined us as Ridge Walker was needed on the job. Normal second day regimen. More squares, sight adjustments, comb building and GreenCoats, position demos.  It should be noted that all rifles on the line were (suprise) Ruger 10/22s.  Sheila and David had attended an Appleseed, but years ago. They had TechSights on theirs - believe it or not, one had a loose rear sight, quickly tightened; Russ and Rick had scopes on theirs.
Russ had done plenty of shooting (and later on shot a 238). Rick had not, but after acquiring his rifle, a friend recommended Appleseed and voila, he appeared. We had no other Rifleman scores, though David's 185 was getting close.  They all have great attitudes and I'm sure they will prevail!
After lunch, Captain and I introduced everyone to Samuel Thompson and Robert Shurtleff.  Everyone was fascinated.
More AQTs and a Memorial Volley which was impressive, as was the evidence of aimed volley  fire by 4 shooters on one RedCoat.
A final RedCoat and we wrapped things up with a brief benediction and range cleanup.  Thanks to Laramie Rifle Range, to the students and to all Instructors.  Hope to see you all again.  ACT WORTHY OF YOURSELVES - Joseph Warren.

Ridge Walker

Great job Berk! The range and facilities are excellent. Thanks for the help Jacob & Russ. I'm sure the Captain's oratory skills wowed the audience and his presentation on 7th stepping cannot be ignored.
Indeed, act worthy of yourselves.  :snipersmi
:F
Live Free or Die!!!

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

"Honor, justice, and humanity, forbid us tamely to surrender that freedom which we received from our gallant ancestors, and which our innocent posterity have a right to receive from us. We cannot endure the infamy and guilt of resigning succeeding generations to that wretchedness which inevitably awaits them if we basely entail hereditary bondage on them." â€"Thomas Jefferson (1775)

Lucky Lori

Sounds like a great event, wish i could have been there !