News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Camp Perry National Matches 7/24 and 8/7

Started by cwcdl79, July 26, 2021, 09:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwcdl79

After action report for Project Appleseed at the National Matches.
CONGRATULATIONS  to the rimfire sporter group on you excellent showing of what we can do!

Hasty Sling

Could you expound a little on Appleseed's representation at Camp Perry this year? I saw the pics of AS folks with As/Camp Perry light blue T-shirts. Was very curious what AS organizes annually at the Camp Perry Ntl Championships. I saw one person shot the High Women's score in the TU Class. Excellent!

Corvette

Congrats to all the Seeders that participated at Camp Perry and that will as the events continue.  Good luck to all.  And, congrats to Birdman on another great showing in Rimfire Sporter. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

Sure,
What we've done the past 2 years (well, 2019 and this year) is target the rimfire sporter and the games (JCG, Springfield, vintage) to coordinate. Matching shirts, trifolds, pens etc to hand out. This year we supplied the CMP with ECI's with a qr code on them to take shooters to a special web page with a discount code. Unfortunately we didn't get the information to the CMP early enough to get them into the welcome packets and our logo on the website, banners, etc., but they did have the eci's out for competitors.

Cadence

:pics:
Come-on Man! - I know there are pictures out there that some of you took.

Let's get them posted.  &)
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Hasty Sling

My bad on my earlier post…Team Appleseed took High Junior, Senior, and Woman in the TU Class. Wow! 

Charley

Little buddy won a bronze in the rimfire sporter

Shep

More details please; who placed where in which event. If someone could post a hall of fame type child board with photos, that would be awesome. Our Appleseed shooters deserve recognition for their success. It may also encourage others to participate!
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Ramblin' Wreck

We have a retired instructor who did pretty well at Camp Perry already as well.

Rayne (Jeannie Redicker) from Indiana won overall in both the telescopic and unlimited classes at Perry. She shot a 590 and a 592 both with 33x's.

Shoot like a girl if you can, right? I think I have an extra pink hat with that phrase on it somewhere I'll dig out to send her.  HUZZAH Jeannie!

Congrats,
Ramblin' Wreck

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Ramblin' Wreck on July 28, 2021, 10:27:19 AM
We have a retired instructor who did pretty well at Camp Perry already as well.

Rayne (Jeannie Redicker) from Indiana won overall in both the telescopic and unlimited classes at Perry. She shot a 590 and a 592 both with 33x's.

Shoot like a girl if you can, right? I think I have an extra pink hat with that phrase on it somewhere I'll dig out to send her.  HUZZAH Jeannie!

Congrats,
Ramblin' Wreck

If you don't, Wreck,  I definitely do.  Say the word. This is awesome!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Birdman

My crew had a great time. Almost all the T-Shirts were handed out. Project Appleseed ECIs were located in a large bowl on a long table inside the registration room.
Things got a bit slow waiting for the 3rd relay to finish up so Charlie and crew left before we could all assemble and were not in the pictures.

Lots of medals, many individuals got two.
What I know of at the moment:
TU class Gold-Bri Toikkanen, Birdman
TU class Silver-Eric Woods
T class Silver-Bri Toikkanen, Birdman

TU Class High Junior-Eric Woods
TU High Woman- Bri Toikkanen
TU High Senior-Birdman

Miki, Cadence, and many others can report more accurately what others earned than I.

The day started out very foggy, to the point of a fog delay of about 30 minutes or more. Relay 1 and 2 flowed rather smoothly, but relay 3 was delayed at least 3 times by watercraft in the impact area.
The heat climbed very quickly when the sun finally burned through the fog. The wind was variable about 5mph, but mostly not a problem. Lots of Project Appleseed T-Shirts visible, especially at the awards presentations. All All the folks I spoke to seemed pretty happy with the matches. We were all glad to finally get back to Nationals, after 2 years.
Over a hundred pictures taken by an official CMP photographer can be found at: https://cmp1.zenfolio.com/p59117241
I will post a few pictures in following posts.
Roger B

Rattlehead

Birdman

Excellent Rattlehead! And a great picture!

Rattlehead

Quote from: Birdman on July 28, 2021, 07:25:11 PM

Thanks!  I have to say it was pretty heartwarming to look down the line and see a sea of blue.

Ramblin' Wreck

I see a lot of blue shirts in the CMP pics.  ^:)^   Thanks so much for flying the flag for the program and all the 7th stepping y'all did.  HUZZAH!
Is anyone shooting the NTI or P100?
Wreck

Quote from: Rattlehead on July 28, 2021, 08:54:31 PM

Thanks!  I have to say it was pretty heartwarming to look down the line and see a sea of blue.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

little buddy

Wreck,

Charley, little buddy, and Yankee are shooting the president's and the NTI matches.

Little buddy

Quote from: Ramblin' Wreck on July 28, 2021, 09:56:47 PM
I see a lot of blue shirts in the CMP pics.  ^:)^   Thanks so much for flying the flag for the program and all the 7th stepping y'all did.  HUZZAH!
Is anyone shooting the NTI or P100?
Wreck

Quote from: Rattlehead on July 28, 2021, 08:54:31 PM

Charley

Great job Team Appleseed! We had awesome representation at the Rimfire Sporter!

We've gotten a lot of questions about what Project Appleseed is and a few that have attended events and praised the program.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and seeing what the President's 100 and NTI bring! Yankee also will participate in the Junior team match and the National Trophy Team match.

Hoping to see a lot of representation at the CMP Games Matches also.

Cadence

I see Rattlehead got a silver -  congrats

Some others That I know of:
Miki - 2 Bronze
Headhunter - Silver
Third Degree - Bronze
I won 2 Bronze

Wreck - I got a chance to meet Jeannie. Congrats on her accomplishment  :beer:!

Looks like Birdman's posse also did very well.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

cwcdl79

Cadence (hopefully this uploads)

Corvette

Well done to all the seeders.  Personal congrats to Third Degree, Miki, Headhunter, Rattlehead and Cadence, way to go!!!

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Birdman

Finally, some pictures:

Birdman

And some award pics:

cwcdl79

Games matches shooters, I'll be up Friday morning to inprocess. If you haven't gotten your shirt, you're out of luck as they all have been distributed. I'll have some pens if you want to hand them out. Planning on hitting dinner Saturday evening at 5 at the new BBQ place (que BBQ and brew)
Dom

starbuck82

We made it too.  Saturday was windy but shooting with the army marksmanship unit was a great experience.

https://thecmp.org/usamu-and-cmp-launch-rimfire-sporter-small-arms-firing-school/

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2021/07/usamu-hosts-rimfire-small-arms-firing-school-at-camp-perry/

Michelle shot a 563 in T class, thats pretty good considering shes never shot standing without a sling.  We're definitely going back next year.

starbuck82

Charley

Charley and Yankee earned silver medals and little buddy earned a gold medal in the Modern Military match

Birdman

Charley

We found a mistake this morning by CMP, little buddy earned a silver and Charley and Yankee earned a bronze.

cwcdl79

Good weather and good times for the games matches!

Third Degree

Congratulations to all Appleseed instructors who participated in the National Matches at Camp Perry this year!

Double congratulations to Appleseed folks to earned medals. Those ribbons represent a significant accomplishment.

Headhunter and I began shooting at Perry in 2010 after we had learned basic rifle marksmanship at Appleseed and it made us competitive at the National Match. In 2012 Headhunter earned High Junior in the Vintage Military match.

The Appleseed training is efficient and effective. The blue team shirts help to pass the word.

We are honored to be part of the team.