News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI - Young Marines - July 24/25, 2021

Started by T. WOLF, July 26, 2021, 07:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

Thank you to the Young Marines of Lapeer County for joining us at Project Appleseed this past weekend.  Our entire crew was impressed by how engaged and respectful you were.  It means a lot to us to have the opportunity to partner with another non-profit organization whose values are so closely aligned with our own, and you left us with a renewed sense of hope for America's future.  All of you demonstrated the focus and commitment required of a Rifleman, and I hope you choose to follow through on that journey and continue developing your marksmanship skills.  Remember... a Rifleman persists!

Special thanks to the Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club for letting everyone camp on the grounds for the weekend - and I salute the Young Marines for riding out the massive stormfront which swept through camp on Saturday night.  That was wild!

I also would like to thank Roundballer for coming through on short notice Sunday morning to give everyone a taste of what the American battlefield must have been like for our country's earliest patriots.  I'm sure that was an experience the Young Marines will not soon forget!

Last but not least - thank you to the fantastic crew of Appleseed instructors who came out to support. Bogie, TL, number6 and MrSurplus - you guys are incredible, and this event could not have been a success without you.  Thank you so much.

I hope the partnership between Project Appleseed and the Young Marines continues to flourish for many years to come!

Here are some pictures from my camera roll - and hopefully we can capture some from the Young Marines as well  :)

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

bogie

Thank you and Congrats to the all the Young Marines (as well as Volunteers) this weekend. Your perseverance on and off the range was inspiring and commendable. As T-Wolf mentioned, it gives us hope for the future. That was no small storm you weathered Saturday night, and many "who knew less what they were about" would have packed up and called it a weekend, But you stuck it through and came in with smiling faces on Sunday morning. It's speaks volumes to the strength of each of your characters. Every single one of you made HUGE progress over the weekend. I know these young men and women will be future Rifleman, and I hope to see them on the line again.  :snipersmi

Trying to get Siri to understand when I type npoa I mean it, and don't need autocorrect assistance.

03/20/2016 Qualified - Scoped 10/22
09/24/2016 Re-qual - Tech sight 10/22
04/17/2021 Re-qual - Scoped Marlin XT-22TR

heatheroke

A quick thank you to the Appleseed instructors and the Lapeer Sportmans Club for an amazing weekend! Our Young Marines learned so much and had an amazing time! We look forward to on ongoing relationship and continued weekends in the future! We always say it isnt a true encampment without a little rain lol! The history and safety training behind everyhing they did was incedible - keep up the great work! They also loved the musket! Please check out our facebook page - Lapeer County Young Marines for a ton more pictures and to see what else we are about. Thanks again!

Heather Oke
Adjutant - Lapeer County Young Marines

Corvette

Looks like a great event.  Huzzah!!!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

T. WOLF

Quote from: heatheroke on July 29, 2021, 11:20:13 AM
A quick thank you to the Appleseed instructors and the Lapeer Sportmans Club for an amazing weekend! Our Young Marines learned so much and had an amazing time! We look forward to on ongoing relationship and continued weekends in the future! We always say it isnt a true encampment without a little rain lol! The history and safety training behind everyhing they did was incedible - keep up the great work! They also loved the musket! Please check out our facebook page - Lapeer County Young Marines for a ton more pictures and to see what else we are about. Thanks again!

Heather Oke
Adjutant - Lapeer County Young Marines

Thanks for posting, Heather!  It was great working with you - looking forward to next time!
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780