News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gainesville TX July 24th-25th AAR

Started by KProctor, July 26, 2021, 03:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KProctor

Great Weekend in Gainesville TX, 10 Shooters showed up to our sold out shoot just south of the Oklahoma border. They endured two days of brutal heat with temperatures soaring above 100 degrees on the heat index for both days. We had shooters in attendance from clear across the other side of Texas and some that were local and less then an hour away. everyone that came learned about the value of Liberty and about the Men and Women who fought to give us our freedoms. In terms of marksmanship, The shooters took drinking from a firehose well. most were able to understand and implement the knowledge being taught and no one left on day 2 feeling like they didn't learn anything new. In regards to AQT's, well...... we did a lot 3 AQT's on day 1 7 regular AQT's on day 2 and one full Rimfire known distance AQT in the afternoon. out of ten shooters we had 3 riflemen requalify, 1 instructor Paul. Rome Requalified, And one new shooter earned his patch on the Rim Fire Known Distance course of fire. ID like to thank everyone who came out and made this such a fun weekend. and to my instructors who I couldn't have done any of this without and enormous thank you! yall are awesome. Pics are forthcoming
Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleer™    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

KProctor

pics
Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleer™    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

KProctor

pics 2
Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleer™    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

paul.rome

Great event, good instruction, outstanding dedication/perseverance of all shooters to endure the Texas heat.

Paul 

AF5US

Sorry that I had to miss out, but thank you sincerely for stepping in - especially in the heat.  I appreciate the entire team!
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Leam

As the "Hawaiian Shirt Guy", I confess that it was originally a joke. KProctor's pre-event e-mail said not to come dessed for the beach, so I took it as a challenge. I had a longer sleeve shirt on stand-by, but the heat was brutal and I sacrificed my elbow skin for the rest of the big old bod.

Thanks to my fellow shooters and the staff, it was a great event!