Author Topic: Appleseed competition shirts  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Thaddeus

• Charter Pistol Instructor
  • Pistol Instructor

Charter Pistol Instructor

• Senior Staff: Logistics
Appleseed competition shirts
« on: July 21, 2021, 10:46:21 AM »
A few years ago Appleseed designed competition shirts. Those are still available at this link:https://techwearusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=appleseed

Offline Palousie

• Instructor
Re: Appleseed competition shirts
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 12:48:24 PM »
I remember seeing those a few years ago, but can I ask a stupid question: what would you wear those for? Specifically; the competition part is obvious.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 12:59:57 PM by Palousie »
"The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership." Harvey Firestone

Offline Mrs. Smith

• Deputy Ladyseed National Coordinator - NM State Coordinator
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 03:26:24 PM »
I remember seeing those a few years ago, but can I ask a stupid question: what would you wear those for? Specifically; the competition part is obvious.

I wear mine when I do a promo event, like gun show booths,  etc. And at events.  They're eye catching
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19  KD Requal 10/04/20

Offline FiremanBob

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 04:09:35 PM »
My Malwarebytes antivirus flags that site as a possible host for malware.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Offline Palousie

• Instructor
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 09:15:08 AM »
Mrs. Smith, Thank you!

FiremanBob, mine does not, which is interesting since I'm on my work computer. I wonder what the difference is...?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:17:20 AM by Palousie »
"The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership." Harvey Firestone

Offline hawkeye

• Instructor
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 09:35:14 AM »
CMP games in Butner, Camp Perry, Local Shoots, that sort of thing that we would go to as a team sometimes. My shirt is different from what came up on that page. But they are eye catching.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:38:04 AM by hawkeye »
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Offline 509gman

• Instructor
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 03:19:51 PM »
I feel like I’d look like a Stock Car in one of those.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

Offline hawkeye

• Instructor
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 07:32:34 PM »
Or the local Bowling team.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Offline T. WOLF

• Shoot Boss
  • carrying the fire
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 12:42:47 PM »
What's the sizing like on these?  If I wear a Large instructor polo, would I want a Large premier polo?
“Apathy, ignorance and laziness — those are the enemies that Appleseed is trying to fight,” said Glaser. “We want to make people aware of the sacrifices that were made.” The marksmanship skills taught between lectures were simply “a life skill that everyone should know.”

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Offline Mrs. Smith

• Deputy Ladyseed National Coordinator - NM State Coordinator
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 02:01:13 PM »
What's the sizing like on these?  If I wear a Large instructor polo, would I want a Large premier polo?

You'd be good with that,  T. But if memory serves there's also a size chart on the site to be sure.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19  KD Requal 10/04/20

Offline T. WOLF

• Shoot Boss
  • carrying the fire
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2021, 09:23:32 PM »
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread - but I just decided to purchase one of these.  Didn't these shirts have the option to be personalized with our forum names?  I no longer see that field on the product page.  Perhaps I imagined it, but I know there are shoot bosses here in Michigan who have this jersey with their names on the sleeve...
“Apathy, ignorance and laziness — those are the enemies that Appleseed is trying to fight,” said Glaser. “We want to make people aware of the sacrifices that were made.” The marksmanship skills taught between lectures were simply “a life skill that everyone should know.”

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Offline bravhrt

• Instructor
  • Pistol Instructor

• It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2021, 09:40:49 PM »
It appears that name on the sleeve appears as an option on the polo, but not on the v-neck.
I recently purchased the standard v-neck as well as a custom long sleeved crew neck & was very pleased with the quality & appearance. 
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God. ~ John Knox

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight, you need to take your time in a hurry. ~ Wyatt Earp

Rifleman - 09.13.2020 @ PPGC
Pistoleer - 10.17.2020 @ PPGC
IBC - 03.27-28.21 @ Larkspur, CO
Pistol IBC - 05.14-15.21 @ Otto Road Shooting Range

Offline T. WOLF

• Shoot Boss
  • carrying the fire
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 10:06:30 PM »
Oh hey, thanks William Wallace. You're right - I was clicking on the V-Neck and I didn't even want that to begin with.  Thanks for your prompt reply.