News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

QUARRYVILLE, PA, 06/19-20/2021

Started by MrPainless, June 23, 2021, 02:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPainless

MrPainless

June 19-20 we continued the saga of PROJECT APPLESEED at SLCFSA, in Quarryville PA. 14 students signed up for the event, and 14 showed up on Saturday. After registration and the SB briefing, the learning process began. Students were taught the basics of rifle marksmanship including steady hold factors for standing, seated, and prone positions. The 6 steps to firing the shot were taught as well. During lunch, the actual events surrounding April 19th, 1775 were told to the students. Instruction and application of skills were continued, culminating in shooting the AQT in stages, and then a final red coat target for the day.
13 students returned Sunday, and a review of the things we learned the day before was completed. We also went over things like known distance shooting, "Come-ups" for common rifles, how to estimate distance, wind, and uphill/downhill shooting problems. Redcoats and AQT's followed. 2 new RIFLEMEN were awarded patches, and one of those shooters earned a second patch that day. Also, 2 students earned the coveted "DOMARI NOLO" patch. After a Q&A session, range restoration and cleanup, a personal message from JOHN ADAMS was read to the assembled class, and students were invited to think about what President Adams meant when he wrote the "Posterity" message.
It was hot, humid, tiring, and fun. Everyone agreed they had learned new things, and had a new-found respect for those who have sacrificed so much for our LIBERTY from April 19th, 1775, up until the present day.
I invited all participants to continue practicing the basics of marksmanship, learning about our Nation's history, and that being a RIFLEMAN is more a state of mind and being, than just the ability to hit targets.
A special congratulations and job well done was given to WickedWorx. He donned the red hat of instructor this weekend! His orange hat was retired in grand fashion, being perforated 140 times by 14 students firing 10 rounds each. I would like to thank the Quarryville cadre for their continued dedication to duty, and esprit de corps, for without them, none of this would be possible. I continue to be humbled by your hard work, dedication, and willingness to do for others.
*** Due to the number of students who did not want pictures taken, no pictures of students were taken******

MrPainless

WickedWorx with his brand new red hat. Now the work really begins.....

MrPainless

Looks like several shooters had established natural point of aim, and were able to keep it....

Nashville Stage

Huzzah!  ^:)^
Congrats, WickedWorx! The red hat is a sweet reward for all that hard work.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Corvette

Looks like a special Appleseed.  Huzzah!!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EZ3

Always glad to welcome another Appleseeder to the front lines.  Thanks, WickedWorx, for taking on the additional responsibility.  And thank you, MrPainless, for keeping things running like a well-oiled machine.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

MrPainless

Thank you all. I must admit, it is a team effort, it always is.
The instructor corps for Quarryville are impressive in their dedication.
I stand on their shoulders, and we succeed, or fail, as a team.

paine7687

Thank you to all the instructors at this event. I learned a lot and ecstatic to earn the rifleman patch. I'm hoping to attend another soon and bring some others with me. Thanks again for a great event.
1st Appleseed - 6/19-20/2021
1st Rifleman (214) - 6/20/2021
2nd Rifleman (211) - 6/20/2021