News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible "Stop the Bleed" Class in Nashville

Started by Black Knight, June 19, 2021, 07:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palousie

Black Knight

Quote from: AF5US on June 28, 2021, 10:43:56 PM
I'm not in your area, but I've attending this training in the past.  It is well worth your time.   O0

Many posts regarding the value of this class.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Black Knight

Reminder:  The "Stop the Bleed" class is still on for Saturday, October 16, 2021, at 10:00 am CT.  The location is TriStar Skyline Medical Center, 3441 Dickerson Pike, Nashville, TN 37207 in Auditoriums A & B.  The class will run between 1-2 hours based on questions.  There is no cost and guests are welcome.  Dress is casual but AS attire is welcome.

PLEASE let me know ASAP on this thread that you are attending and number of guests if any.  The instructor would like to prepare the correct number of handouts.  Handouts are only available to those attending the class.

This is a very important skill for each of us and AS instructors all over the nation highly recommend this class.

I am looking forward to seeing you there!
Black Knight

Eagle Keeper

I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

OP 78

Unfortunately I wont be able to attend this one. Thank you for setting this up.
Rifleman 4/17/2021
Pistoleer™ 7/10/2021
KD qualified 9/11/2021
Rimfire Kd qualified 10/23/2021

Tennessee Beast

This is a great class!  I encourage all volunteers to take it.  You could save someone's life with the skills learned.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

happydad

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedomsâ€"to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Palousie

I was waiting for confirmation from one person, but I guess it's just me.

ArmyVet

I replied via text, and will do so here just to be sure. I am in!
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Black Knight

When you arrive at the hospital you will park at the front of the hospital and walk in the main entrance. Once you've gone through security, you will either turn right and go down the stairs to the lower floor, or keep going straight and take the elevators. Auditorium A&B will be on the other side of the cafeteria. There is will a big sign outside that says Stop The Bleed.   

SEE YOU THERE!!!
Black Knight

BluegrassColonel

Great class! Thanks for setting it up, Black Knight!

Greg
"Bluegrass Colonel"
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Eagle Keeper

Excellent class I'm glad I made the time to go.
I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

Black Knight

And the "Possible" actually happened.  Six AS Instructors (one Blue hat) and two guests attended a Stop the Bleed class at Skyline Medical Center in Nashville, TN, on October 16, 2021.  Instruction was followed by practical exercises to fix in mind the techniques presented.  This instruction added a very valuable skill set to the instructors' repertoire.  All were very glad that they attended the class and highly recommended this it to other AS Instructors.
Black Knight

Tennessee Beast

Thanks for putting this on, Black Knight!  Your dedication is outstanding!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Black Knight

Black Knight