News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible "Stop the Bleed" Class in Nashville

Started by Black Knight, June 19, 2021, 07:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Knight

I have contacted an instructor who would be willing to conduct a class in Nashville.  The minimum attendance is eight but can seat more than that.  The class would probably be scheduled about the July 30-Aug 1 timeframe so as not to conflict with any scheduled AS events.  Border raiders are welcome.  Please respond to this thread your interest in attending.  Your response is not binding; I am just trying to gauge interest in this valuable training.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

OP 78

Rifleman 4/17/2021
Pistoleer™ 7/10/2021
KD qualified 9/11/2021
Rimfire Kd qualified 10/23/2021

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

ArmyVet

Count me as interested. Thanks for doing the leg work  O0
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Old Navy Doc

Out of state then, otherwise I would attend. Thanks for setting this up.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Nashville Stage

Having attended one last year, I can heartily recommend it. Others in the class said that it was in a similar vein as a combat casualty course. The material was interesting and not draining at all. The class is fairly quick, and won't put a squeeze on your schedule.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Eagle Keeper

I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

Ramblin' Wreck

I have a family commitment that weekend but I'd like to do one at some time.
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Palousie

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should be able to attend as well.

Willociraptor

Been keeping my ears to the ground and watching for any of these classes to pop up within acceptable travel range.
Would love to take one of these classes, and Nashville aint so far away. Gonna be in Idaho that weekend, though. Sigh.
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

Black Knight

Black Knight

Black Knight

The Stop the Bleed instructor has notified me today that the weekend of July 31 will not work.

What kind of interest is there for a Sept. 25th class date?
Black Knight

Nashville Stage

Hey Black Knight,

Looking at the calendar, there are two shoots on the weekend of 9/25; one in Memphis and one in Cleveland. I'd love for more of the TN cadre to be able attend without creating a conflict. Would your Stop The Bleed instructor have availability for an alternate weekend where there aren't any shoots scheduled?
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Black Knight

That's what happens when you look at the AS event schedule with your eyes half closed. 

Based on the instructor's availability and AS event schedule, it looks like we will have to postpone scheduling the class until late spring.
Black Knight

Black Knight

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

The STB instructor is really excited about working with us and has proposed Saturday, Oct 16.

Please let me know your interest in this date.
:sos: :sos: :sos:
Black Knight

OP 78

That Date works for me. And i would NOT like to be the model for the sucking chest wound.  :sos:
Rifleman 4/17/2021
Pistoleer™ 7/10/2021
KD qualified 9/11/2021

ArmyVet

I'm in! Very nice that your contact was able to adjust.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

The Wolfhound

Let me enthusiastically endorse this course.  Dangerous Cook and I took it about 2 years ago and  even though she is a nurse (RN) and I am a former EMT, we found it quite beneficial.  It is not hard but very valuable!

Black Knight

Wolfhound, thank you for your endorsement!

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Black Knight

Black Knight

The STB instructor has formally put our class on the calendar for Saturday, October 16, 2021, at 10:00 am.  The class will run from one to two hours based on participant questions.  The class will probably be held at Skyline Hospital in Madison, TN.  More details and sign up will occur as we get closer to the date.  Please put this date on your calendar now.  Thank you for your responses and interest.
Black Knight

ArmyVet

It's on my calendar! Thanks for setting this up  O0

Nashville Stage

I've got it penciled-in as well. Thanks for coordinating this!

OP 78

Rifleman 4/17/2021
Pistoleer™ 7/10/2021
KD qualified 9/11/2021

Eagle Keeper

I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

Palousie

Quote from: Black Knight on June 24, 2021, 12:26:52 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!

The STB instructor is really excited about working with us and has proposed Saturday, Oct 16.

Please let me know your interest in this date.
:sos: :sos: :sos:

I am on board for that date! Looking forward to it!

happydad

Quote from: Black Knight on June 24, 2021, 12:54:31 AM
The Stop the Bleed instructor has notified me today that the weekend of July 31 will not work.

What kind of interest is there for a Sept. 25th class date?
I'm interested, but don't have September schedule nailed down. My brother wants to do an AS in MO that weekend and Toby wants to do KD that weekend. Hmmm. This is probably more important.
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedomsâ€"to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Palousie

Happydad, the current date for this is set at Oct. 16. My assumption is that when it gets close we will hear more definitive details….

Black Knight

The date has definitely been locked in on the instructor's schedule for 10am on Saturday, October 16.  Expect more details approximately two weeks before this date.  Thank you for your interest in this important skill.

Black Knight

ArmyVet