News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dorr, MI - June 12, 2021 Ladyseed (one day event)

Started by BeeFree, June 17, 2021, 03:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeFree

First off, thanks to the South Kent Sportsmans Club for hosting us - that's a lovely facility with a lovely BOTG volunteer- thank you Fidget!  and thank you Fidget, Fidget's husband (that I still haven't met!) and ThreadnLead and TRexArms again for setting everything up Friday.  You all made the SB job the easiest ever.

We survived the crazy Michigan weather!  Faye, Tara, Ashley, Angie - it was a pleasure to meet you!  Sara - it was great to see you again!  And Lydia - well, that's my girl, so we're always happy when she gets to shoot!  I have to say how impressed I was with everyone sticking it out to the very end despite the "untimely giant fireball in the sky", and being smart about taking breaks when they needed them, so heatstroke didn't knock anyone over (I always worry about that at 90+F degree shoots, because it has happened!). It was great to see the Appleseed rifles on the line (Tara&Ashley) - those were some fine, tight groups you were shooting!  Keep practicing and you WILL earn that patch!  Congrats to Sara on clearing the Redcoat and requalifying on the AQT (220)!  Faye - I hope you come to like the long guns as much as your pistols!  (Go TWAW!). Angie - Thank you for your service AND for what you said to us all at the end of the day - that's the heritage Appleseed wants everyone to be aware they have as Americans!  I hope you all had fun and learned the FUNdamentals of rifle marksmanship and got some good reminders of the history we all share!

I know there were some pics taken over the course of the day - feel free to post them here!  I hope to see you all again soon on the Appleseed trail!
BeeFree

:F :~ :~ :~
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Fidget

Most of my books are here: https://www.librarycat.org/lib/bflysmile