News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alliance, NE Ladyseed 12-13 June 2021

Started by JustKim, June 15, 2021, 09:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKim

Congrats to Alliance Nebraska on holding Nebraska's first ever Ladyseed!  This was an great event!  We had seven awesome ladies show up ready to learn - and learn they did!  Although we did not add any new riflewomen, we definitely added some future riflewomen and hopefully future instructors!  Every one of these ladies, most of them beginners (some first-time shooters) made significant progress throughout the weekend.  Roxanne was battling some physical limitations, and hung in there as long as she could.  She showed up to learn how to shoot a rifle, and that's exactly what she did.  Way to go Roxie, and we sure hope to see you back!  Lynne came out with her granddaughter to "see what it was all about" - and she did an amazing job shooting - she loved the history and I think we may see some Libertyseeds in her future?!?!  Kaci arrived on Saturday to "mostly listen to the history" - but she picked up a rifle listened to instruction, applying what she learned and did some awesome shooting.  She also earned a young patriots patch - way to go Kaci - hope to see you back!  Rachel was our only returning shooter and she made some amazing progress.  She wants that rifleman patch and I know she has a rifleman patch in her near future.  She demonstrated great, steady positions resulting in some great scores.  Christine was shooting iron sights and was able to overcome some equipment issues, but once we got everything tightened up (a couple of times) her scores increased throughout the weekend.  We also had mother and daughter Bethany and Callie who showed up to do some serious shooting.  Callie had never shot before and scored the second to highest score (second only to her mom).  Callie also earned a young patriot patch.  Mom Bethany was high score of the weekend, and won the door prize so graciously donated by Clay - a 3x5 US flag!  AND - cleared the last Redcoat of the weekend!  Congrats Bethany!  I definitely see more Project Appleseed events in all of these ladies' futures.  Thanks ladies for making this a great weekend!!

A huge thanks to Clay (Messer9696) and John (Pine Ridge Puma) for setting everything up on Friday and providing great instruction, history and dangerous dame stories.  Great teamwork guys!!

Pictures to follow!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

JustKim

Pictures 1
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

JustKim

Pictures 2
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

Mrs. Smith

Fan-dang-tastic, ladies!  I see repeat students in Nebraska's future!

Congratulations, all, and appreciation to JustKim for running a great event, as always!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

messer9696

This group of Ladies did a fantastic job! Cheers!  :beer: I was very impressed with all the hard work and determination and know there are some Riflewoman patches coming soon!  :F I hope to see you all at an Appleseed soon (the plan to turn the kids over to the hubbies and attend a Riflemans Boot Camp together is a good one)!  O0

Clay
It is the rifleman, not the rifle, which defines accuracy.

Captain

This sounds like it was a fun event! Congrats to all the shooters who came out embrace our precious heritage and to all the great instructors who made the event possible (JustKim all the way from Florida - Huzzah!)
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Pine Ridge Puma

Despite the dang near 100 temps and stiff breeze both days, it was still a good shoot and a lot of learning about the sacrifices of our wonderful nation's  forefathers.  I know that each of the ladies in attendance are convinced that they are dang lucky they are AMERICANS, they are proud of it, and they will never apologize for it or for the greatness of our nation.  I am sure they were impressed with the thrust of the Appleseed program and the need to keep up the fight to stem the erosion of our freedoms.  Thanks to all of the ladies who gave up their weekend, to Clay who helped so much with set up etc., and to Kim, our perky National Ladyseed Coordinator, who traveled all the way up here and spread her southern charm to the sandhill cattle country of Nebraska.  On behalf of the Appleseed program, I would like to thank the family of Clay for loaning Kim wheels for the weekend, thereby saving the program a bunch of $$ on car rental.  If you get the chance, ask Kim about her side trip to visit the famous Carhenge!

Keep on shootin!!

John, aka Pine Ridge Puma
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

JustKim

John - I also know that all in attendance know that they are lucky to be Americans  :F -- that's for sure!  Carhenge was definitely interesting and of course a huge thanks to Clay for loaning me a car for the weekend - made the trip so much easier.  The hospitality of all involved was much appreciated.  Thanks Y'all!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!