News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stockton, Illinois: 12-13 June 2021

Started by IXOYE, June 14, 2021, 07:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a fantastic event on the Tom Noller farm in Stockton, Illinois. Fourteen patriots showed up to learn about their heritage and rifle marksmanship. The weather was a bit warm but the consistent north wind help keep things bearable.

Everyone demonstrated great improvement in their marksmanship skills with four people earning their rifleman patch and two people re-qualifying. Congratulations to Roman and Tony for shooting 226 & 221 respectively on Saturday. Congratulations to Jim for scoring 210 and then a 232 later on Sunday and to Mike who also shot a 210 on Sunday. Terry re-qualified on both Saturday and Sunday and Keith celebrated his birthday on Sunday by re-qualifying with a 218 on Sunday. Several others were knocking at the door.

On Sunday we had the pleasure of shooting some steel out at 200 and 400 yards after Robert gave us the known distance presentation.

Many thanks to Jason, Robert, and Brian who traveled from Wisconsin, Tennessee, and Iowa to help make this event such a great success. It was a pleasure to have you guys running the line and instructing.

Double thanks to Tom Noller for sharing his farm with us and for getting the range all shaped up for a great event.

Here are some pictures. If you click on them they will expand. Click on them again and they should collapse back down.

Here is most of our group on Saturday

Our setup next to the bean field

Brian and Robert doing seated steady hold factors

Shooting stage one

Jason observing a new shooter

Doing the Ball and Dummy exercise

More Ball and Dummy

Brian helping with Ball and Dummy

Inserting the mag for Ball and Dummy

More Ball and Dummy

Robert overlooking the exercise

Trading Places

Checking Targets

Waiting for the Fire Command

Jason

Tony (221)

Roman (226)

Peter

Mike (210)

Jim (210 and 232)

Andrew

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Paladin223

This was a truly great Appleseed weekend.  I thought twice about even showing up due to the heat but am grateful to the shoot boss's clever canopy setup
that provided a welcome shade cover for the weekend.  (How does he get all that stuff into a Honda?) Much thanks go to the great instructor crew who came from all over central US, tho' shooter Tony gets the long distance award for coming from Washington State. This was not my first rodeo, but the instructors were able to point out some ideas that somehow didn't stick before and improvement was made.  The new riflemen deserve a hearty congratulation for their accomplishment.  And there many others whose progress will put them over the top in the near future.  And Happy Birthday Keith--can't think of a better way to spend your birthday weekend.  A special thank you goes to Tom Noller for his support of the program and the Second Amendment and backing that up with providing the range.   

Tennessee Beast

I enjoyed meeting all the new faces.  I really like the setup for shade on the line and all of IXOYE's other gadgets and improvisations.   I hope to see some of you again.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Leadlined

It was certainly a great weekend!  I enjoyed getting to Seed with some new folks, and learned a few things about running Appleseeds and presenting the day 2 KD.  Thanks to cadre and students alike! 

Not sure how to inline pictures, but attached are Shoot Boss Rex, who is probably used to being outside all the pictures, and his canopy that saved us from a warm and sunny weekend!
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleer™/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

Duodec

Thanks to Rex and all the instructors for a great weekend and an amazing experience. 

I should have done an Appleseed years ago.  And I'll definitely be better prepared, and more practiced for the next one.

Rich J

Chgowiz

This was my first Appleseed. I was quickly humbled of my notion that my Army Basic Training had stuck with me, but I saw my skills improve over the weekend thanks to the patient instructors. A lot of knowledge was passed on, both for marksmanship and history. Very much enjoyed it and definitely will try to return again. Thank you!

Michael