News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas Wyoming IBC/RBC/AS 05-13June2021

Started by M1bzrk, June 14, 2021, 06:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

WOW!! This IBC/RBC was the first one Wyoming has offered with the
possibility of earning FOUR patches: 25M Rifleman, Known Distance,
Rimfire Known Distance, and Pistoleerâ„¢.
One attendee earned all 4: OpenSites, who came all the way from
Michigan. Congratulations, Pete! As far as I know, you are the first to
earn them all at one RBC. This makes you truly one of a kind. Well
done.
Thanks to GhostRing and Captain for traveling so far and making this
event possible and so successful.
Thanks to all attendees, especially to the Deininger family who
represented Wyoming.
Thanks to the Converse County Shooting Range/ Park for once again
hosting us - great people and a great range.
Thanks to our forebears for their sacrifices and enabling us to do what
we did this last week. LIBERTY

marathongirl

While disappointed that our one attendee for the weekend AS in Douglas cancelled a few days prior to the event, we had high hopes that the local radio stations PSA's(Public Service Announcements-they did these for us free of charge...and a wonderful job they did, too! Very professional!) would generate some interest and produce some walk-on participants. Alas! such wasn't the case. My hat is off to Captain- who not only hung around after the one-man RBC  to help with the weekend AS, but saved the day by putting  M1bzerk and I through our paces with a Appleseed Pistol Clinic! I had not had a chance prior to this to attend one of these but learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed spending my birthday doing it...thanks, Captain-you're the best!!  Many thanks to Jasmine and little Fred for loaning him to us for one more day...what troopers and a great support team for Appleseed!! Was a pleasure to meet the rest of the family :).In Liberty, Marathongirl
I
I

Lucky Lori

glad it went well  really miss everyone  hope to be back soon

Captain

The "Douglas Trifecta" certainly had challenges this year with a rash of last minute cancellations, but M1Bzrk never gave up and was determined that we all come together and turn this into a successful event. We had four extra instructors come out to take part in the IBC which really helped make that event a success. Everyone was determined to improve their effectiveness in helping our shooters become better and, more importantly, motivating them to get involved in embracing their heritage. It was also great to have some time to enjoy around other Appleseeders.

Then there was OpenSites!! Wow, he definitely showed that he knows what he's about. After brushing off the instructor rust at the IBC, he stayed on and qualified at every event offered at the RBC! Rifleman, Rimfire KD, KD and Pistol!!!It's never been done before and now he can claim the prize as being "first" to make that achievement. Well done!

Marathongirl was Shoot Boss for the follow on Appleseed, and instead of cancelling the event, she turned it into an instructor Pistol Clinic! She was seeing the program for the first time and both her and M1Bzrk made big improvements throughout the day. What a great day to spend her birthday - out on the range with fellow Appleseeders!

I'm glad I was lucky enough to be able to attend these events. The Wyoming crew are some of the most determined Appleseeders I've met and spending a week with Ghostring up all the way from Texas is always an opportunity to learn something new. I can't wait for next year!

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range