News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka, FL 5-6 June 2021 Appleseed

Started by BaldEagle, June 08, 2021, 11:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldEagle

What a fantastic weekend!

We started off the weekend with a bang! Our Students were engaged and printing good groups from the start. On our first AQT we had a distinguished score! a 240 out of the gate!! Way to go Dave! and a repeat performance on Sunday with a 245!  :~ That score was shot with a heat index of 101 degrees.

The Florida heat was upon us, but managing to stay in the shade and hydrating kept us going until the Florida liquid sunshine arrived and boy howdy did it. With approximately 2" of rain in about 20 minutes.

We finished up the weekend with our students learning much, improving their marksmanship skills and soaking up the history. We had three new riflemen before the weekend was done. It was truly my pleasure to be a part of the fellowship that ensued.

FarmerDave

Thank you all for the excellent instruction and dedicating your weekends to our betterment. David Jr. of course dedicated quite a bit of time to practice so when he earned his distinguished award I was both proud and not surprised. I know he will be pushing for a perfect 250 next opportunity he gets and I have no doubt he will achieve it.

I have been attending Appleseed shoots since 2008 and by my count, last weekend was my 5th event. Apparently my progress was much slower then my sons but it was gratifying to finally make score! Thank you for the copious opportunities at the AQTs for my part!

A point of comedy, after the monsoon at the end of Saturday's class, we went out for dinner and ended up at the Towncenter a couple exits South of our hotel. We ate outside at one of the establishments and had front row seats to a drive by shooting. Naturally, this really impressed upon the importance of awareness and of course the training we were receiving this weekend. I think we were the only ones that didn't hit the deck or scatter during the event. This was a weekend of firsts for us lol.  Crazy times.

In any case, David Jr and myself are making preliminary plans to try and make it down there for the November 6-7th KD event so we can bring this to the next level. Unsurprisingly, David is already hitting quarter size groups at 100 yards here at the farm so I look forward to see how he does out to 500
yards.

We are grateful for all of your dedication to these traditions and skills!

Dave Sr.

KawGirl

:pics:

A little late but most sincere....
i am on vaca for the summer....

To Justin and Glenn,
The video is too large to email.
I'll need to shrink it and will send it in july when i get back.
there ain't any wifi, internet or electricity where i'm going...... OH, AND THE SHOWERS ARE NOT WORKING AT YELLOWSTONE EITHER....
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

KawGirl

PICTS
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.