News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lebanon Ct, 5-6 June 2021

Started by TOMINCT, June 08, 2021, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Appleseed returned to the Bozrah Rod and Gun club in Lebanon for a 2 day event. Although the number of folks attending  was lower than last year their perseverance and persistence was far from it!

The line was about even split with 3 former attendees and 4 new ones. After the usual getting things sorted we go into the POI's and range firing. At noon we broke for lunch and the 1st strike. The day progressed afterwards and got pretty hot for all there. Took a few extra breaks due to it.

After the second strike we got to AQT's and got our first Rifleman of the weekend. Kamel used his 22 rifle  :wb:to good avail and shot a nice 217 score. Congratulations!

Sunday returned with more hot weather promised. We spent extra time on the line individually, Ron working amongst the group from one end of the line to the other. Also took several short breaks to avoid over heating. Once the sun started to shrink behind the trees we got to the grind, netting another Rifleman.

Brian made it happen with a 222 score. May have been the last AQT of the day, showing that persistence pays! All others attending showed marked improvement throughout the day, even with heat and humidity weighing us down.

The shooters were a good bunch, all listened attentatively and their improvement showed that they listened and tried using the POI's to good effect.

The club did it's usual best, having the range in great shape and offering an excellent lunch plus included with the range fee. Special thanks to Bob and Ted for your efforts.

Ron, aka Parallax, has a good eye and picks up on the small things that can make a difference for the shooters. His ability to improvise, adapt and overcome helped to get more out of each respective attendee and it was good to have him instruct this weekend.

And the Shootboss messed up as only pics for those getting the patch were taken, my bad.  :wb:

A Rifleman persists.

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

VietVet

Nice going guys.  :beer:

Thanks for keeping CT on the Appleseed Map.
  The NE is getting ready to bring our Shooters back on the Line.
   NY is next. I have something in the works right now.  :pop:
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Parallax

I usually do much better with taking pictures.

Thankfully, I did take the pictures of the Rifleman.

I can't seem to be able to upload them now though.

kamilo6

Thanks for hosting this. Tom & Ron were spot on.
It was a beautiful weekend at a great Connecticut setting.
To Mark at Bozrah: you did a wonderful job landscaping the range for all of us.
Also, it was neat to have so many repeat attendees there.
I hope to see you all again at another one.
Stay in touch!

Corvette

Looks like another great event.  Those of us that grew up in northern Ohio have a special connection to Conn.  We have the "Firelands" region in northern Ohio which was created because of the British raiding and burning towns in Conn. The Continental Congress created land grants in the "Northwest Territory" for folks that were burned out and this led to the creation of the Firelands. 

Keep bailing, the nation needs all of us.

Corvette (Ohio State Coordinator)
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

TOMINCT

Thanks to those above for the kind words and to Corvette on the historical note. It's interesting on how so much tragedy resulted in good. Many cities and ports on the seaboard were raided and severely damaged throughout the war.

There are towns in Maine that were set aside for the remaining population of Falmouth, now Portand. Burned by order of Admiral Graves. A friend lives in one, Freeman Township. Had an Appleseed there years ago.

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

Better late then never.
Here are the two rifleman.