News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD opportunity in September with DonD

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, June 07, 2021, 10:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Attention fellow Appleseeders,There is a KD on the schedule September 11-12 in Puryear, TN with Master Instructor DonD as Shoot Boss. Right now there are 3 shooters registered with a cap of 12. Please make a special effort to announce the event at all upcoming 25 meter rifle and pistol events and let's see if we can fill the line. Who better to learn KD from than the guy who wrote the manual?

See you on the line.Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

OP 78

I just signed up for this today, looking forward to it.
Rifleman 4/17/2021
Pistoleer™ 7/10/2021
KD qualified 9/11/2021
Rimfire Kd qualified 10/23/2021

Ramblin' Wreck

Excellent! I look forward to seeing you there. I might even bring some kind of smoke pole myself and re-qualify. It's been a few months.
Wreck.

Quote from: OP 78 on June 08, 2021, 01:03:35 PMI just signed up for this today, looking forward to it.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

OP 78

It will be great to see ya again, does this mean i need to bring my wet weather gear?  :)
Rifleman 4/17/2021
Pistoleer™ 7/10/2021
KD qualified 9/11/2021
Rimfire Kd qualified 10/23/2021

Ramblin' Wreck

It's always advisable if I'm going to be there. The firing line is covered but you still have to walk down range to look at your holes.  O0
Wreck

Ramblin' Wreck

OK folks, we're about 6 weeks out from this event and it's sold out. HUZZAH!  It appears that DonD my be down for a few weeks following some surgery mid-August which will leave just Google and me to run the event which is do-able but could make for a couple of long days. If anyone is not already hard committed to another event that weekend or uncommitted and free that weekend we'd welcome some assistance.  Contact me if you're interested. If you're not already KD qualified you should learn a lot even if you aren't able to shoot.

We're also looking for a way to ferry shooters from the fixed firing line to the target lines and back to cut down walking on this paper KD. If anyone has a trailer or a large van we could use that would be excellent. One shooter has already offered his big pickup but unless people are stacked like cord wood we're still going to need another conveyance.

Wreck