News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Organizing a shoot in St. Augustine

Started by BamBam, June 02, 2021, 11:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBam

Ahoy!
Would like to assist with the organization of a shoot up here in St. Augustine. The Saltwaters range is available and would be happy to host a class. What steps would be necessary to get the ball rolling. I will work on recruiting.
Semper Paratus,
BamBam

Captain

Hey BamBam, that's Awesome!!

You will probably want to coordinate with you State Coordinator (Engineer Shooting). You can send him a PM to get the ball rolling.

After arranging an open date with the range and with the State Coordinator, the range completes a simple form (if it's their first time) and then people can sign up!

Are you an Appleseed volunteer? (blue or orange hat) If you are you can go to TIPs FAQ here, and get the form to set up a shoot.

Good luck. I look forward to seeing a shoot in St Augustine!!!

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Not Sure

Please keep us posted.  I have some people up that way that would like to attend their first Appleseed.

BamBam

I sure will! PM sent to Engineer Shooting.

B.C.

Hi BamBam, I am a St Augustine  local. I can run a shoot for you at Saltwaters. Send me a PM to start the discussion. In the past we could not seem to attract enough students there, if you can gather at least 10 that would be great!

BC
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

BamBam

1. Looking forward to the shoot, thank you for making it happen.
2. Will there be any loaner 10/22s available? Could likely find some youngin's to shoot if so.
3. What is anticipated round count for both days?

Thanks again.

TomM1Thumb

Hi Bam Bam,

Yes loaner 10/22s Should be available. Round count total for both days should be well under 500.

22 LR ammo Maybe available for Youth shooters. Please bring the youngin's If They have a good attention span, and are willing to learn.
Please have a Great Event, and a Great day!!

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

TomM1Thumb

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine