Author Topic: North Dakota or NW Minnesota Appleseeds?  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Plainsman

North Dakota or NW Minnesota Appleseeds?
« on: May 27, 2021, 01:52:10 PM »
Does anybody know of any plans for Appleseeds in ND or NW Minnesota this year?

I’d like to be able to attend for both rifle and pistolif possible!

Thanks!

Offline Captain

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

Re: North Dakota or NW Minnesota Appleseeds?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 02:43:41 PM »
Hey Plainsman - we are still picking up the pieces after the string of cancelled events last year and we don't have anything scheduled in North Dakota yet for 2021. Minnesota currently only has one event on the schedule in Hinckley (eastern side if I'm not mistaken - Sep 12-13). Pistol is still a new program and the closest currently on the schedule is in Laramie, WY on August 13 (with a Known Distance Shoot the following 2 days at that range). That should be a good event with camping at the range possible!

South Dakota - Jun 12-13 - a regular Appleseed with spots still available.

Douglas, WY - The Mack-Daddy of them all - IBC (Jun 5/6) for anyone interested in volunteering with Appleseed and RBC (Jun 6-11) - This will be the first Appleseed Rifleman's Boot Camp where you will have a chance to shoot almost every Appleseed Program - rifle, rimfire known distance, known distance (centerfire) and pistol!!! This will be an incredible 5 and 1/2 days of learning from everything Appleseed does in all four of these courses. This is less than a week out, but it only happens once per year (west of the Mississippi). With all the things going on coming out of COVID, it is also pretty light on students this year, which means LOTs of individual attention. If it were me, I'd find a way to attend this event. Oh wait, I'm already going to be there (but I'm not biased :) )

Last option - help us set up an event!!! You find a willing range and shooters and we can find a date to make it happen. We do have instructors willing to travel to put on events when we're not busy putting on events somewhere else. Help Appleseed have more events near you with your help! (All volunteers welcome :) )
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:08:20 PM by Captain »
There’s things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. – Open Range